Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
BOB
San Francisco, California

Amazing

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Jun 2021
I am a travel agent and have personally traveled to a number of safari-type camps in Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana, Nambia, and South Africa. If you are considering a visit to the Ruada NP and want a luxury camp experience you need to look no further than Ikuka. The location could not be better. It's amazing location on an escarpment blows you away with each look. The lodging, as you will read on other reviews, is pure luxury particularly considering where Ikuka is located. The food impressed me every meal. My assumption is that you will be going to Ruaha to see animals. The guides working at Ikuka that I met were more experienced than 90% of the guides I have encountered in other camps. They are true professionals that know the park intimantly.
Date of stay: June 2021
Room Tip: If you are looking for privacy, ask about the 'fly camp' sandwiched between two huge...
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 28 Jun 2021
Thank you for this wonderful review, we truly appreciate you sharing your experience on here for others too. We hope to welcome you back to Ikuka and Ruaha again in the future. Best wishes from your Ikuka family!
R 21 204
Bar/Lounge
24.6 km from Ikuka Safari Camp
Free parking
View more hotels in Ruaha National Park
All reviews safari camp owners mark game drives plunge pool our honeymoon pure luxury bush breakfast breathtaking views hot water bottles travel agent great outdoors felt completely rock house great gin and tonic positive energy sitting room animal tracks
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2021

Our family visit over Christmas 2020 to Ikuka was nothing short of magical. The camp setting is spectacular. The game drives were beyond our expectations with Geoffrey, our superb tour gude. He made the magic of Ruhaha come alive for us and our 6 year old.
Ikuka is clearly a labour of love for Mark and Chloe- our tented suite , food, sundowners, meals, eapecially the Christmas dinner complete with crackers- was made super special by them and their exceptional team.
A very stunning and memorable experience. Thank you very much Mark, Chloe, Alex and Verity!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IKUKA SAFARI CAMP, General Manager at Ikuka Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Thank you for this wonderful review, it means so much to all of us! We really enjoyed celebrating Christmas with you and showing you the magic of Ruaha. We hope you can return one day soon and we look forward to staying in touch. Best wishes from your Ikuka family.

Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

I’m sad to say that I’ve unfortunately waited a year to write this, but my wife and I had the absolute best time ever on our Nov 2019 honeymoon in Ruaha at Ikuka. The engagement, service, and personality of the entire staff made our stay exceptional, and having the privilege of Joffrey as our guide was icing on the cake. The camp is a marvel, with meticulous detail embedded in everywhere. I’m still amazed at what I was able to learn and capture while out on drives. This was easily the highlight of our year, and boy could we use another week at Ikuka right now!!!! Courtney & Misha

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IKUKA SAFARI CAMP, General Manager at Ikuka Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Thank you so much for this lovely review, it means a lot to us all! We would love to host you for another week right now :) Geoffrey is here and waiting! We look forward to staying in touch. Best wishes from the Ikuka Family.

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

Visited for three nights, the camp boasts fantastic views from great deck and pool area. The units are very comfortable and some have their own splash pools. Staff were very attentive, the guides were friendly and knowledgeable. The owners gave a personal touch and make you feel at home. The meals will surprise you despite the remote location. Great venue and well worth a visit!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us this lovely review and for sharing your experience with others. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. All the best from the Ikuka Family.

Reviewed 29 October 2020

Ikuka is simply divine. It's paradise on earth. It's a tented camp perched high on a hill overlooking a river and plains.

My tent had mesh which zipped up at night, preventing any mosquitos or other creepy crawlers from entering my space. The tent was housed underneath a semi-permanent thatched hut and featured its own bathroom area, living room and the most comfortable bed -- it was very difficult to get out of bed for a 6:00am game drive -- but that was the whole point of my trip. I also had a balcony overlooking the Mwagusi River valley. The entire valley. I had a view that stretched 12 kilometers, and sunrises were glorious bursts of oranges and violets over the mountains and horizon.

While the premises are superlative, what really makes the experience is Mark Sheridan-Johnson and his team. It was very obvious that the team really enjoyed their work, and they went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

Ikuka normally serves meals in a communal style in the restaurant, which has now been changed due to ​COVID​. The meals are wonderful affairs done by a South African-trained chef, who caters to any dietary restrictions. I told Mark I was a vegetarian. This wasn’t at all a problem, as I was served halloumi cheese fritters and a tomato gazpacho for dinner one night and an aubergine carpaccio another night. Every meal was so well presented that it was difficult to imagine that I was in the bush, miles away from a big city, when eating one of Chef Charles’ creations.

My guide, Geofrey, had really, really keen eyes which could spot a leopards footprints in the dust and provide a time stamp as to when the cat had passed by and its gender. He knew all the birds and beasts that inhabited Ruaha, and would readily whip out books on his dashboard on birds or mammals of Sub-Saharan Africa. The quality of the guiding is unparalleled here -- especially since Geofrey is an excellent photographer himself.

As I was writing this review, I kept reflecting on my experience there, wondering if there were any negatives that I should highlight. There was -- the night before I left, I was wide awake, feeling sorry for myself that I would have to go back to reality, because I felt like I'd been in paradise.

Mark and team -- thank you for a wonderful, magical experience. I hope to be back soon.

Room tip: You can't go wrong. Every room has a great view.
Date of stay: September 2020

Thank you ever so much for this glowing review, it means so much to us all. We really enjoyed having you as our guest and getting to know you. Thank you for choosing a safari in these times and thank you for choosing us, we really appreciate it! We look forward to continuing to staying in touch. Best wishes from your Ikuka Family.

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Where to even begin?
Myself and my partner, Grant, live in Tanzania and have worked in the safari industry for a collective 20 years!
Ikuka Lodge just really blew our mind.

It is perched on a hill, with the most breath-taking view over the Ruaha National Park. Being up high gives you perspective - you can see the Baobab trees in the valley below, and watch for animals from the comfort of your suite.

The lodge itself is beautiful (and we have a particularly detail oriented eye). We stayed in their newest suite - and it is absolute bliss. Besides game drive, we never wanted to leave it.

The bed is HUGE and extremely comfortable, beautiful linen, elegant and understated safari chic design that makes you feel as if you are blending in to nature. A bathroom of dreams, with a free-standing bath that also looks out over the national park below.
With a seperate "coffee/chill/dining area" on the side - it is a home away from homes. We loved our suite so much that we ate all of our meals here, dipping in our private pool, and enjoying a lovingly made GnT!

The food was really truly impressive. Delicious, variety, great plating - perfect portion sizes - and they met my gluten-free and vegetarian requirements with such ease!

Beautiful lodge, breath-taking views, amazing food - what more could you want...?

Well, what truly made Ikuka special to us were the people! Such an incredible, warm, hospitable team - who made you feel like you were living in luxury, BUT at the same time, you were at home and completely a part of the family.

Festo, our guide, made our stay for us - 100%. He was a true naturalist in every sense of the word. We loved every minute of game drive with Festo - his knowledge was top notch, but what really made us love our time with him so special was how he told stories, the passion he showed and shared for the bush, and the true friendship we developed. We laughed so much on this safari! Our game viewing was incredible - Elephants everywhere, cheetah and cubs, lions, leopard, buff - oh, and so much wonderful birding.

Festo - we cannot thank you enough.

Chloe and Mark, Lodge Managers, were so hospitable and ensured that we truly did have a wonderful time with them. we will be forever grateful to their warmth and hospitality. Thank you!

We will definitely be back!!

Date of stay: September 2020

Thank you so much for this glowing review and for sharing your experience on here with others, we really appreciate it! We are really pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay and Ruaha. Thanks again and we look forward to staying in touch. Best wishes from the Ikuka Family.