Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
Snaptravel
All reviews nature drive animals safari impala
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

The Mabata Makali lodge is located 1-2 km outside of the Ruaha national park in the middle of nature. However, you must drive about 30 km till the gate. Due to the vicinity of the national park, you can sometimes see animals on your way to/from the gate already. We saw a giraffe, impala, baboons and a 2m cobra.
Pos:
The food was very good. The lodges are large with comfortable beds and nice bathroom. The staff was incredible. They were very friendly and helpful. For example, we asked for laundry service and they told us that they would do it for free.
Neg:
Wi-Fi is only available in the main building and was not very reliable.

Date of stay: October 2019
ewardathanas, Owner at Mabata Makali Lodge & Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

hi torsten
Thank you so much for your comments/feedback
Oh my god the cobra- you saw it i believe on your way to the gate. They are many on that road.

We are sorry for internet we will work about it as most guest say the same as you know we are in jungle. No wifi but we connect you with nature and make you unwind ( ha ha ha)- Next time you come you will have one.

Thank you coming and i will convey your compliments to staff

Reviewed 26 August 2019

This place is far and away better than it appears here. Its My Second Time Visiting Mabata and i enjoyed excellent food and very pleasant and helpful customer service. This place is sorrounded by Nature which makes it immensely beautiful!The room was clean, cool & comfortable,they also got the tents so you can choose. I also loved the security guards,their were super Helpful and made us feel so much safe in the nights and day time! I will surely revisit again and again!

Incredibly impressed and highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2019

Its my second stay at Mabata Makali and the place never disappoints!! The staff got me feeling at home even though i was away from home. The Maasai guards, made my few night in tents relaxing. The bonfire! Walk safari, swimming pool, the trip to Ruaha national park, not forgetting the amazing BBQ party set at ILUSI RIVER SAND!! Omg that was the most precious set ever!! And yes! The food is wow!!

Room tip: TEMBO!! (Family banda)
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 August 2019

Mabata makali have amazing room services and the view is breath taking,I enjoyed my time there and its safe for all ages children and eldery people too..
The staff are attentive and so humble and professional they seize to amaze me.
I hope to go back there next summer.

Room tip: Best views ever
Reviewed 16 August 2019

The service was excellent, the staff at mabata where so friendly, attentive and readily available at any time. The campsite and cottages where comfy, clean and very calm. The location of Mabata is a perfect gateaway from the city to a much more calm place to connect with nature. Also there is a swimming pool, which was hard to find in Iringa. The food was so organic, fresh and so delicious. We had a forest walk with a maasai, and we were surprised with lunch set on a dry river in the middle of the forest, it was so lovely and breathtaking. I felt secure at most times, as there was attentive security measures.
It is a very beautiful place, for vacation.