All reviews outdoor shower personal butler lake manyara one night air conditioning breathtaking sunset beyond belief wonderful night stay bottle of champagne music and dancing an absolute gem footed tub assigned a butler looked amazing luxurious place rooms are amazing the hotel manager
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed for two nights at Escarpment and it was our favorite of all of the lodges that we stayed at! Exquisite service, an amazingly comfortable bungalow and beautiful views!! The Masai guide took my husband on an early morning hike to photograph the sunrise. The food was delicious. Can't say enough wonderful things - definitely include Escarpment Lodge during your travels to Lake Manyara!! (We also did a night safari in Lake Manyara NP which is a must-do!)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nevadareed
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

What a great lodge! We had a wonderful 1-night stay at this lodge! This was because of the great service by our butler and the other staff at the lodge, the great food (both breakfast and dinner), the great swimmingpool, the great welcome by the massai at the reception/entrance and the wonderful & comfortable rooms! Would definitely come back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roderick S
Reviewed 13 June 2018

What an amazing place! Truly a ten star resort!! This was by far my most favorite lodge and sadly we had only planned one night here! As all the other reviewers have mentioned, please do yourself a favor and stay at least two nights. The rooms are gorgeous, spacious and extremely comfortable. The view from the room is lovely and each chalet is so very private. The staff goes above and beyond to make each guest feel extra special! Our butler Deo was amazing!! He thought of what we might wish for even before we could!! My only wish that has gone unfulfilled is my wish that I could have brought Deo back with me!! I certainly hope that we will be able to return to the Escarpment Lodge again very soon!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shad0wstar
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I have not stayed at a place that I was completely satisfied until our stay at Escarpment Luxury Lodge. The room is spacious, nice décor, and clean. The location is convenient for those who want to visit Lake Manyara. I am very impressed with the staff. Everyone was very courteous and willing to help. I, especially, want to mention Eli, who always had a smile on his face and probably made the best hibiscus tea I've ever had. When we were in the lounge, he always made sure we got everything we needed. We also enjoyed the food and appreciated the options. The chef was also very friendly and proud of his food. Overall, we had a very good experience here, mostly thank to the staff and of course the nice room definitely was another big factor.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank First L
Reviewed 7 May 2018

This was a wonderful surprise to find such a lodge overlooking the beautiful Lake Manyara. The reception and the valet staff were very friendly and we were welcomed in a traditional Masaai way. Rooms have a very thoughtful set-up and design with all the facilities of a luxury hotel - but in a Tanzanian setting.

This is the type of hotel where you only realise when you're there that 1 night would be too short...so consider adding an extra day.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family