All reviews beach bar small number of rooms boutique hotel sister hotel junior suite small hotel extremely comfortable stay twin basins a la carte menu turn down service grand baie local mauritian dishes bed and breakfast our honeymoon water sports on a half board basis mr rajesh
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We arrived very tired and were greeted by a really friendly receptionist. Given a drink and was escorted to our junior suite. It was beautiful with a balcony overlooking the pool and gardens and out over the Indian Ocean. Had a few meals in the Beach bar and the restaurant which were all really excellent. Breakfasted each morning overlooking the gardens with a great choice of food. The cleanliness of the room and the attention to detail with flowers on the bed from our fantastic room boy - Nawaz - was excellent. I would go back to stay in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: They are all good
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
RajeshButon, General Manager at Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Kath C,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for taking the time to write a review.

Our team always aims at making our guests' stay most memorable and we are very pleased to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you, once again, in the future.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

“Exclusive” perhaps in location, and quality of accommodation, but far from exclusive in their service delivery. My expectations were high. Because the cost of accommodation and everything else at this boutique resort is very high.
The junior suite I booked, was on ground floor, and the entire suite is in full view of everyone from outside, including the outside bar, swimming pool etc. no privacy features, like tinted windows or adjustable shutters. I was told that I could close the curtains!!! Really??!! Then what’s the point of having a view of the ocean.? I then opted for a paid upgrade to a penthouse suite which was almost double the price. However I didn’t get double the service!! Lol! From what I personally experienced, service at most was mediocre. Nobody seemed to want to go the extra mile. Leave extra mile,....they wouldn’t even go a few extra meters. As an Eg. At breakfast, I asked one of the serving staff for some toast, and was told that it’s self service.!! She then went on to continue a loud discussion with the rest of the breakfast staff. An exclusive resort, with only 13 rooms, and perhaps only a maximum of 3 tables occupied for breakfast at any given time.!!! Shocking! How much of effort would it have taken? One assumes that that’s what the service staff are there for. Another occurrence, I was issued a parking in the tiny parking area, only to be told the next day when arriving from a short drive, that I should park the car across the road at their sister resort and take a walk from there.....I did insist on parking where I had parked previously. I paid for a penthouse suite. Although there were other issues, like getting awakened by an unapologetic staff member at 1:30am only to be asked if I had electricity, the long and short of it is......... perhaps the location is nice, some of the rooms are nice, and the daily allowance of only 2 small bottles of water is “nice” lol, it’s definitely not a place I will return to. This place falls far short of the resorts in Bali, Pangkor Laut(Malaysia) and the rest of the Far East......
They do really need to recalibrate themselves to be totally service driven. If not for any other reason, then at least because you’ve paid for it!!!!

2  Thank KANJICORP
RajeshButon, General Manager at Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Kanjicorp,

We would, first of all, like to thank you for having taken some time to comment on your recent stay at our property.

We were very surprised to learn about your problematics with the ground floor as it is the first time that we receive this kind of complaint. The ground floor rooms are very popular with our guests and we even have some clients who insist on staying in such rooms.

Breakfast at Le Cardinal is partly self-service. As such, toast is available at the buffet breakfast. Nevertheless, we have escalated the matter to the department concerned and will investigate what really happened.

The security officers, on duty 24/7,at Le Cardinal systematically ensure that guests have a parking available. In case the parking there is fully booked, the officer then advises the guests that he can park his vehicle at our sister hotel, the Casuarina Resort & Spa, which is situated across the road just opposite Le Cardinal.

We have an academy whereby our hotel team undergoes continuous training so as to meet the standards of the hotel and the expectations of our guests.

Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort & Spa is a 5***** boutique hotel which offers rates same as hotels of equal classification.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Just ended our stay here. It was amazing. Extremely friendly staff. Rajesh, head of housekeeping was amazing. Anything you needed he took care of. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for the ultimate in rest and relaxation. Thank you La Cardinal!! We'll be back.

2  Thank sharon s
RajeshButon, General Manager at Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Sharon S,

Thank you very much for your very positive review following your recent stay at our property.

We are really delighted to learn that you had a most enjoyable stay and that everything was up to your expectations.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you, once again, at Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We've been trying to make a bookking directly with the hotel for 2 months, without any luck. The hotel doesn't respond to our enquiry via their website, which were about availabilty and potential packages that could be added to the room. When searching for help from the mangement company an answer was promised by them and a member of staff was copied in the email, but so far (1,5 months later) none came. This is very, very disappointing.
I'm still convinced that this is a beautiful hotel, but if you want to avoid booking agencies like we do and book directly at the hotel, find another hotel becuase this one doesn't respond to email at all.

3  Thank Kirsten B

Dear Kirsten B,

We have taken good note of your comment concerning your problematics with direct booking.

We were very surprised to learn that your e-mail stayed unanswered for 2 months as this is the first time that we receive a complaint of this kind. We have staff who is well trained and who ensures that there is a follow up for every mail received.

For your information, 40% of the clientele of Le Cardinal (half of them being repeat guests) book with us directly and they have never encountered,a problem up to now.

We notice that you like our hotel and,as such,would be really pleased to welcome you at our property. We can assure you that the needful will be done immediately and that you will have all the information requested.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I came to this hotel for 9 days expecting to do scuba, underwater photography and some sightseeing. My holiday has turned into the most stressful experience ever.

Last night I was interrupted at dinner in their restaurant in front of other guest by the Duty Manager Jack and security staff. They marched me across the road to their sister hotel Casuarina. One of the security men told me to speak to him properly, even though English is my native language and an official language of Mauritius. I suddenly realized what a dangerous situation I was in...I asked the security manAm I under arrest"? He reluctantly answered "No" and I immediately returned to Le Cardinal and my room. I am 60 years old citizen of New Zealand and never been in court my entire life...now I fear arbitrary detention and arrest. I have sent an urgent note to my Embassy seeking assistance.

I am NOT enjoying my stay at Le Cardinal!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nigelJeddah
Direction11, General Manager at Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear nigelJeddah,

Thank you for posting your comment about your recent stay at Le Cardinal Exclusive Resort.

We do regret this situation and sincerely did not want the police to intervene.

In order to avoid any ambiguity, I would like to remind you that we met in person during your stay. At first the issue was a problem of delivery of your camera by FEDEX. Which does not concern the hotel directly.
Further to a misunderstanding with one of our hotel staff (about the follow up of the FEDEX delivery), the police intervened as our staff wanted to make a statement to the Police station.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and really wished there was no misunderstandings and overreactions.

Apart from this issue, we hope that you loved Mauritius Island and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in our resort.

Best regards