“Happy Days with Sonofkite!”
Review of Son of Kite

Son of Kite
More attraction details
Owner description: The kite school is located in "Le Morne"; the best spot in Mauritius to learn kitesurfing. A gorgeous landscape with Le Morne mountain as a background :The kitelagoon is a perfect spot to start kitesurfing (waist deep water and 300 days of wind per year!)With our kiteschool, you can either have a try during a few fours, or jump into a complete course (and become an independent kiteboarder).Because you are all coming with different expectations, we have to adapt our teaching program to you.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

From the moment we met J.C. in the shop we felt welcomed and confident. Patrice was always on the beach, helpful and looking out for us.
J.C. Was fantastic instructing with my girlfriend giving her confidence and positivity that she needed.
The Sonofkite Team made us feel relaxed and most of all enjoy the experience.
It's something you have to persevere with and keep going and you WILL achieve in time.
I was with Dodo, I'm a slow learner and was truly grateful of his expertise and patience. He's a great instructor who tells you how it is, but gave compliments and the push when needed.
Thank you again Team Sonofkite, you guys rock.
Happy Days, Ged (a 44yr old kitesurfing wanna be )

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I have been traveling all around the world including kitesurfing spots and this scoop is really good! Excellent teachers!!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I will recommend them for those who begin as well as those who want to improve skills. They are pro in the way they manage, teach, advise and communicate. The equipments were in good condition. Really safe, they give a lot of advice and wariness. Maybe a little bit too much in my opinion as I'm more into fun and freedom. However I presume that's the best behavior to have to prevent some inconvenient from happening, especially in a busy kite surf spot like Le Morne is.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

As someone who recently learned how to kitesurf, I arrived in Mauritius wanting to rent some kite gear and learn to be fully independent in the water. JC was very responsive and later Jean-Jacques was always in touch to keep me up to date with the wind conditions. They got in touch with me as soon as the wind conditions were good. Since I am still learning, I found that the entire team was very friendly and gave me a lot of attention and tips even though I was just renting the equipment. During my time in Mauritius, with their help, I learned to ride up-wind and to transition from one side to the other (the spot in Le Morne also helped, this being a safe lagoon with flat water).
Having spoken with people who were taking classes with them, I received only positive feedback. Indeed, all the instructors are friendly, fluent in French and English, relaxed (which was very reassuring) and always find a way to explain things so that you will understand.
Great experience and I will visit them again next time I am in Mauritius.

1  Thank Catherine A
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2016

I had my first kite lesson in the Kite - Lagoon with Sun of Kite and although I was very preoccupied it was a great experience! My coach made me feel secure and I had a lot of fun. My husband who already knows how to kite was well equiped and also had a lot of fun, and they took care of him very well. We are looking forward to October when we plan to go there again! Anita and Florian

1  Thank Anita P