Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bilal Taşdemir
Mauritius

A must visit!

Review of 20 Degrés Sud
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 02 Jun 2024via mobile
We went for diner at 7:00 pm. First we drank some cocktails and they served our drinks with some canapé’s, it was really nice. And after we went for our dinner. Everything was perfect, food really delicious. We asked for one special salad and chef sent an exquisite one. And Salim our waiter he was really professional and kind. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

Bilal-Bhavna
Date of stay: June 2024
Lindley Thomen, Directeur général at 20 Degrés Sud, responded to this review
Responded 06 Jun 2024
Dear Mr and Mrs, Greetings from 20 Degrés Sud! Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad to read that you had a nice time enjoying our fine cuisine and the service provided by Salim, to whom I will personally pass on your feedback. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

R 977
1.1 km from 20 Degrés Sud
View more hotels in Grand Baie
Reviews (1 100)
1 100 results
All reviews austral suite boutique hotel beach front outdoor shower half board beachfront room our honeymoon small hotel roll top bath boat shuttle free boat overlooking the bay spent nights small gym tuna paddle boards sun loungers
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 100 reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2024

A most wonderful stay in this excellent boutique hotel. The room was fabulous, walk in shower, sea view, claw foot bath with candles ….. service excellent and the ambience perfect. We thoroughly relaxed and would definitely return. Dinner each evening had a good selection of veggie options and breakfast was excellent, a truly personal service, thank you to the excellent Denis. The location is great-I am a runner and ran daily to the mont choisy and Trou de biche beaches for the stunning sunsets, but was always delighted to return to 20 degres sud, a little haven of tranquillity. Also worth noting that I was running back in the dark and felt completely safe at all times -I noted female residents also jogging alone at this time, an excellent location. Thank you to all for treating us so well.

Date of stay: May 2024
1  Thank evans57
Lindley Thomen, Directeur général at 20 Degres Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2024

Dear Mrs. Evans,
Greetings from sunny Mauritius! I am delighted to read your feedback following your stay at 20 Degrés Sud. We always strive to offer the best service to every guest, and I appreciate your recognition of our efforts to create a relaxing atmosphere, excellent cuisine, and service. I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team with a special mention to Denis, who exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for being an exceptional guest and for being a great ambassador of our lovely establishment. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2024

A cosy hideaway next to the sea with great views of Grand Baie, nice restaurant food and amazingly welcoming and accommodating staff (they even made me special Mauritian dishes to try in the evenings). A boutique getaway with a great location.

Special thanks to Hugo, Vic, Naheem and many of the staff (sorry - didn't take a not of all names)!

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lindley Thomen, Directeur général at 20 Degres Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2024

Dear Mr and Mrs,
Greetings from 20 Degrés Sud, where you recently spent your holidays. I am glad to read that we have been able to meet all your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the service of Vic, Hugo, and Naheed, rest assured that I will convey your appreciation to them and to the team in general. Mention will also be made to our kitchen brigade who managed to make you experience the local cuisine through daily dishes. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2024

We loved our stay at the 20 Degrés Sud. The staff is absolutely five stars (special regards to Denis and Ashfaaq) having contributed to a memorable holiday. The food is world class and in addition the premium location makes it the perfect place to relax and enjoy. Highly recommended and we cannot wait to be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank António José R
Lindley Thomen, Directeur général at 20 Degres Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2024

Hello from sunny 20 Degrés Sud, I am glad to read your feedback after spending your holidays in our hotel. Thank you for your compliment on our team members, special mention to Denis and Ashfaaq, and our cuisine. We can’t wait to welcoming you back at 20 Degrés Sud.
Best personal regards to you!
Lindley Thomen, General Manager.

Reviewed 29 March 2024 via mobile

We have just returned from Mauritius, and the most relaxing holiday we’ve had for years. This is largely thanks to the superb staff and ambience of the Hotel 20 Degres Sud in Grand Baie. During our stay we enjoyed the excellent food and service at the hotel’s l’Explorateur restaurant. The hotel is very well located, smart, and efficiently managed, with very pleasant, helpful staff. Thanks are also due to the General Manager, M. Lindsey Thomen for making our stay so special.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello, greetings from 20 Degrés Sud, Mauritius, I am glad to read that you spend one of the most relaxing holidays at our hotel and glad as well to meet you, really enjoyed our exchanges during the course of your stay.. Many thanks for your lovely comment on our team members, cuisine and the service, rest assured that I will personally pass on the message to my team who will be happy to read it. Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you back soon.
My best personal regards,
Lindley Thomen, General Manager.

Reviewed 19 March 2024 via mobile

I had great expectations after a recommendation from a friend ( who visited 18 months ago) and the reputation of Relais &Chateau . However, the service was extremely disappointing- white wine served at room temperature, a bread knife that was blunt, empty salt sellers , mistakes on the bill etc. I’ve always known Mauritius for its friendly , warm and charming hotel staff - sadly this was not the case- no cheery good morning or evening - no smiles, slow bar service. Staff in need of some ‘charm’ training!
As another guest said - I’m here once , twice - no .

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello from Sunny Mauritius,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologies for the negative experience you encountered during your stay. Rest assured, we take your comments very seriously as we continuously work with an improvement process based on our guest’s comments, and we have already implemented an action plan to address the issues you mentioned to avoid any recurrence. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve and deliver the true Relais & Châteaux standard and the Mauritian hospitality that our guests deserve, just like your friend felt 18 months ago. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with an exceptional experience that would exceeds your expectations.
My best personal regards,