Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Paul T
Bristol, United Kingdom

9 Night Family Stay

Review of 20 Degrés Sud
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 08 Aug 2022
What can I say? Possibly one of the best hotel experiences ever! The rooms were tasteful and luxurious with very comfy bedding. Huge rooms and all had decent views. The service from all the staff was phenomenal and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our every whim was catered for. The food was exquisite and flavoursome. A mix of French and local Mauritian as a range of fusion food. The seated Tuna and the Seafood risotto was outstanding. Drinks were pricey, but you have to remember that wine is imported and this is a five star hotel. So prices were not out of the ordinary.

The facilities were amazing. This included beautiful pools, a private beach, free kayaks and paddle boards as well as daily snorkelling and boat trips to Gran Baie. All done with helpful, attentive and friendly service (without being over the top). We throughly enjoyed our stay and I would love to come back as we were looked after so well. The hotel would arrange any activity for you and were very flexible. They even ket us keep our room on our check-out day until we had to leave in the early evening.

Overall an outstanding, beautiful hotel, gourmet food and warm, kind and friendly staff.
Date of stay: August 2022
Room Tip: All rooms are good. It may be worth paying extra for a sea view.
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Communication Marketing, Marketing at 20 Degrés Sud, responded to this review
Responded 26 Aug 2022
Dear Mr Paul, Greetings from 20 Degres Sud Hotel where you just spent your family holidays. I am glad to read that my team managed to meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured that your appreciation will be mentioned to them, we are also so happy to know that we can count you as great ambassadors and we will be looking forward to welcoming you again very soon. My best personal regards to you and your entire family. Lindley THOMEN
R 6 066
3.2 km from 20 Degrés Sud
View more hotels in Grand Baie
Reviews (1 098)
1 098 results
All reviews austral suite boutique hotel beach front outdoor shower half board beachfront room our honeymoon small hotel roll top bath boat shuttle free boat overlooking the bay spent nights small gym tuna paddle boards sun loungers
Selected filters
66 - 71 of 1 098 reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2022

20 degres Sud really deserves the 5 🌟s -breathtaking views, antique glimpse, fantastic architecture, yummy food, wonderful welcoming staff ( special mention: Preety, Vikash, David, Louis and Anikesh), snorkeling, kayaking, heated swimming, all you need to make your day a memorable one. Thank you 20 degres Sud for the great hospitality. See you soon 😊

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Communication Marketing, Marketing at 20 Degres Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2022

Dear Mr and Mrs, Greetings from Hotel 20 Degres Sud where you recently spent your holidays. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and that all our proposed services were up to your expectations, glad to know also that the architecture and the food were part of your appreciation. Please do rest assured that I will pass on your appreciation to my team with special mention to Preety, Vikash, David, Louis and Anikesh whom you personally named. I also recalled that you mentioned to see us soon, know that my entire team and myself will be looking forward to welcoming you back here again. My best personal regards to you. Lindley THOMEN, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 July 2022 via mobile

This hotel is well situated (except when the wind is blowing, which it was when we were there sadly) and quite luxurious. Rooms are spacious, the outdoor showers are a lovely touch and each room has a unique character. Staff are really wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them. The meals are really good, well presented, perfectly executed and really a gourmet experience. Restaurant and bar staff are a delight and they really did all they could to ensure my birthday was very special.Two small gripes we had that prevented a perfect 5 out if 5 (and we did address and resolve these with the very attentive management on site before we left but I do think it is important for others to be alerted). 1. Was the issue of selected meals carrying surcharge even though we were on a full board package. This is not written on the menu anywhere and apparently waiters are supposed to explain it, but they didnt. So we did feel a bit cheated when we learnt that we needed to pay a surcharge to have 2 burgers (whereas we could have had a three course meal of non surcharge items we just happened to choose the burgers that hada surcharge). 2. Is what they do (dont do actaully) with the information they collected from us via email prior to check in. They asked about allergies but ignored the information (my husband is allergic to chilli and a recommended dish of lamb stew has chilli in it with no markings to say this was the case). But to be fair this was a recommended dish, the items on the menu are all clear about allegins, They also asked what language to communicate with us in and despite us saying English, all correspondence from welcome letter to guest evaluation form was in French. We queried this on check out and were told that as our surname sounded French they thought they would use that instead. But these two small and resolved issues did not detract from a really excellent time at this small boutique hotel.

Room tip: Be aware of the surcharge on the menu even if you are full or half board
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nomad59867280184

Dear Mrs, Greetings from 20 Degres Sud where you just spent your birthday break. Was a real pleasure having had the opportunity to have you and your friends on that special occasion. I do take note of your below comments and be reassured that I am taking the two comments with high respect and will use them to enhance the quality of our services. We do have few dishes which are not set for the full board package and will make it a point to better highlight them and avoid confusion. Concerning the preferences comments, in deed it should have been mentioned to you, great suggestion from you to extend the markings on these dishes. Noted also the fact that you were not presented with the right documentation upon your arrival, simple things that can be rectified quickly. On another note I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the level of service of the team, I will pass on your appreciation to them and we all do hope to get the chance to welcoming you again soon. Please do not wait for your next birthday. Wishing you all the very best, to you and to your family. Lindley THOMEN, General Manager.

Reviewed 22 July 2022

We loved the Austral suite and it's antique brown furniture. The room was massive and includes a bathroom, walk in wardrobe, WC and indoor AND outdoor shower. The restaurant is beautiful with rattan furniture and a view across the bay but we also enjoyed breakfasts next to the pool under the palm trees in the morning sun. It's was too windy to take the ferry across to Grand Baie or the dinner on the Lady Lisbet which we would have enjoyed. The many staff made our stay particularly easy. Lindley the new manager was charming and Preety and Shivam sorted everything out for us - trips car hire information and all sorts of requests. We really felt looked after. !! Thank you to everyone. Jeremy and Clara

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jeremy and Clara, Thank you for dropping down your appreciation regarding your recent stay at the 20 Degres Sud. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and that the team have managed to exceed your expectations. I really do hope to get the chance to welcoming you again soon and to make you enjoy the Lady Lisbeth unique experience, also to get to use the lagoon to go to Grand Bay. I will extend your appreciation to the whole team with a special mention to Preety and Shivam whom you named in your note. I wish you an amazing rest of the year. My best personal regards to you. Lindley THOMEN - General Manager.

Reviewed 26 June 2022 via mobile

We stayed in a Charm room, number 19. Lovely location near the beach.
The bedroom was quite small in comparison to the huge bathroom.
Would have liked a proper door separating the rooms, rather than a screen, but that was the only gripe.

During our 3 night stay, staff were fabulous, very friendly and helpful.

Great bar area, good cocktails and restaurant food was amazing.
Really good quality and best tasting food we had during our full 8 day trip.

Quality and service definitely better in this small boutique hotel.

Would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Katie D, Greetings from 20 Degres Sud where you just spent your holidays. I am glad to read that you had a great time with us and that my team managed to exceed your expectations, will pass on your appreciation to the Kitchen team as you mentioned having really enjoyed the quality of the food and to the beverage team who made some great creations for you. I do take note of your recommendations concerning the room set up, we do have other rooms that would meet your requirements and the team will assist you to pick the right one for your next stay. Best personal regards to you. Lindley Thomen, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 June 2022

We have just enjoyed 9 days at 20 Degres Sud and found the location, ambience, accommodation, food and staff all to be outstanding. This was our seventh visit to Mauritius and 20 Degres Sud has been by far the best experience. Staff are attentive to every need and any minor issues were quickly resolved to our complete satisfaction. It must be hard rebuilding a business such as this, post Covid but it is a tribute to the attentive style of the Manager that the hotel is functioning so well with staff who have maintained an excellent skill level. Special mention for David who seemed to be everywhere and Prakash who was most helpful. Finally, to have entertainment on a few nights was a bonus to have at a small hotel and Julius ? (pianist / singer) deserves international recognition!`

Date of stay: June 2022

Dear Mr and Mrs, Greetings from 20 Degres Sud where you just spent your holidays, I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that my team managed to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that your appreciation will be shared to the team with special mention to David, Julius and Prakash whom you recommended personally. I do hope that your eighth visit will be at our hotel so that we can count you among our repeat guests. My best personal regards to you. Lindley Thomen, General Manager.