Reviews (2 101)
2 101 results
1 160
1 160
All reviews comfort room fashion show privilege room glass bottom boat the hotel manager head chef dance floor entertainment team boat house evening entertainment small beach special thanks walk along the beach la cuvette family room kids club banana bar
108 - 113 of 2 101 reviews
Reviewed 20 May 2018

If you plan to visit Mauritius and explore a little bit of the island (north part of the island) and the local style ...and you are not a billionaire(!) this is the perfect choice for you. First of all the reception people, the welcoming staff and all the staff of the hotel in general is incredible happy, smiley and helpful all the times! We liked them all so much!!! Additionally, the room was perfectly clean, spacious and traditional style overlooking at the swimming pool and with balcony - an amazing room. There are at least two restaurants one ala carte and one menu option - considering generally the prices in Mauritius and compared to other resorts very well priced. Excellent value for money. Taxi transfers and excursions were a bit pricey but that's okay, you can also check via internet by yourself... Finally we asked for a romantic dinner for a wedding proposal and everything was so well and nice prepared that will stay unforgettable for ever for us... All the people were coming and wishing congratulations to us and everyone was super happy and smiley!
Thank you so much Veranda for everything and for accommodating so well our very special moment!!! Unforgettable memories

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room, closer to the pool (or garden view if you prefer garden)
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leonidas_ExpGR
Vikash D, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Good afternoon Leonidas,
Thank you for this heartening review. We could not be happier to know that you had an impeccable stay and that we were able to delight you during your stay at Veranda Grand Baie. Our staff will be most pleased to know that you found them friendly and helpful. We hope it will not be too long until we get to welcome you again. Once again, congratulations from the team.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a week, on a half-board prepaid arrangement. It is not good value if you are vegetarian. For example, today after waiting for 1 hour and 15 minutes, I was served some stone cold plain vegetables and some plain baked potatoes. Extremely disappointing after such a long wait, I went back to my room and ate a muesli bar for dinner instead. The chef had previously really gone out of his way to make something for me each night, but there should really be a decent set of options available each night without having to make special arrangements. I had booked the hotel through Flight Centre, was very surprised when arriving on a flight at 9.30pm at night that the was no room service options. Instead my only option option despite paying for half board for that day was to scrape the remnants of a Vegetable curry from the bottom of the bay marie where the curry had obviously been sitting there for hours and was stone cold. To finish a 7 day stay with such a long wait and really unappetising food which was also stone cold was a real downer. Even the normal tea and coffee satchets are charged for after the first day. I complained strongly to flight Centre about this and the hotel offered me free sachets that point on, and also a 30 minute massage. Overall the hotel was okay, the room was very clean and comfortable, the housekeeping service was very good, the location is great. The staff were friendly and wanted to please. Such a shame about the very subpar food I was served on my first and last nights nights, and the drama of having to make special arrangements for the entire stay. I had lovely food outside the hotel without any drama involved and will never book half or full board at any hotel again after this bad experience.

Room Tip: Away from the pool as the noise from the nightly activity is very loud. I was on the top floor which was private and well screened.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna E
Vikash D, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Good afternoon Donna,
Thank you for taking the time to review this review and I am glad that overall you liked the hotel,found the room was very clean and comfortable, the housekeeping service was very good, the location is great and also that the staff were friendly and wanted to please.
I regret to read your disappointment regarding the food. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this past occasion, I do sincerely apologize for the manner you were let to feel. This is certainly not what we aim to achieve here at the resort and rest assured that I have personally shared your feedback with my management team for their attention and review where need be. Concerning the room service, we do not provide such service and this is well advertised with our tour operators and travel agent and in addition any guest can read on our hotel website all services that are provided here. We have plans to uplift to a 4 star hotel our facilities after the refurbishment as a part of our continuous efforts to meet our guests’ expectations which will be implemented in a near future. We value all your comments which help us to continue to strive for perfection and look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Veranda, Grand Baie had it all in-store for us a comfortable room with a small kitchen and a cozy balcony, a private beach, the most friendly staff and a overall an amazing property.

Food, fun and frolic is in store at the resort with everyday shows and activities all lined up for the guests with sumptuous meals. We had taken the half board plan for breakfast and dinner. The resort also arranged for a wonderful candle light dinner for us. The experience of glass bottom boat and kayaking offered complimentary by the resort was an icing on the cake.

We would really like to thank Elvina, Kajal, Chef Vignesh, Chef Amit and Shakina for taking special care of our comfort, likes and dislikes during the stay. We were really heart broken to check out but until next time.. Merci Beaucoup ... Au Revoir!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sadafh47

Good afternoon Sadaf,
Thank you sincerely for your support and this positive review! Your praise regarding the team’s warmth and friendliness plus our excellent facilities are equally motivating. Location wise and the ease of getting around is also well loved by many. We hope to welcome you back on a return visit soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Had a wonderful time with all the wonderful staffs & services offered. Special thanks to MY Vikash Dawoo, Mr Paynee, Mr VInesh, Chef Vinesh, Atish and Varun (FnB), shyrill (Spa) and Ishita (Reception).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank neerseebaluck
Vikash D, Manager at Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Good afternoon Neer,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as it is very important for the teams to know about your impressions. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the excellent service by my team members. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable experience with us.

Warmest regards
Vikash Dawoo
Hotel Manager,

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Overall the hotel was lovely and has the makings of a beautiful resort, however lets itself down over a couple of things.........The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and pool area pretty. The beach is tiny yet adequate, you get beach towels supplied which is a bonus.

We stayed in a comfort room and whilst small it had all the amenities and was clean and tidy, apart from the shower which smelt a little musty. One downfall to the room is you have tea and coffee making facilities, however you only get free teabags,milk and coffee satches on your first day, the rest of the time you have to pay for them..... I have never known this in any other hotel that we’ve stayed!!!!

Staff at the hotel are friends and always had a smile.
Restaurant.... well, the food was average with the exception of the themed Indian and Mauritian night when the food was amazing....We stayed half board which included breakfast and main meal. (We we’re hoping that at times we could maybe change our main meal for lunch but this wasn’t possible).There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, where the food is good and cheaper than the hotel. If we were to visit again I would definitely go B&B.
For lunch if you go to the beach area and turn right, walk past the boat club after a few minutes you come to an area of beach and food shacks. The first shack you come to the food was amazing for lunch and so cheap!! The price of the drinks at the hotel are on par with UK prices.

The spa was nice albeit be aware.... when we arrived we received an offer of a free 10 minute hand or foot massage to be taken during the first 2 days of your holiday & an extra 10% of any other treatment.
I went to the spa & booked the free 10min foot massage along with another treatment.
Arrive the following day, received the additional treatment (which was lovely) received no free foot massage and no 10% discount.......disappointing!

This was our third visit to Mauritius, first time to this hotel. We’ve previously stayed at Shandrani in the south which is absolutely stunning and Coin de Mire in the North which was also very nice.

Overall we had a lovely time at Veranda Grand Baie Resort. It’s an average 3 * hotel. I don’t think we would return purely down to too many other places
we would like to visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lisa14Burton

Good afternoon dear guest,
I wish to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. we regret to take note that some details kept you from enjoying your stay at our Resort and for which we certainly empathise. . It is regretful that you did not like the buffet type of food, should you have informed us, our chef would have been delighted to prepare some dishes specially for you so as to satisfy your taste buds. We highly value our guests feedback as this is what supports us in our efforts of improving the level of service and standards. We sincerely hope to welcome you back whereby we could have the opportunity to make your stay very pleasant.

Best regards