eDreams
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Destinia.com
All reviews blue lagoon free boat trip fish public beach evening entertainment close to the airport sea view deluxe room taxi driver glass bottom boat boat house storage reef
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We were planning to stay at Peninsula for several nights: it looked nice on the website and the prices seemed very reasonable. However, the old adage “you get what you pay for” does not apply to this establishment: you get *less* than what you pay for and then some. We left after one night.
Our stay was a succession of disappointments, frustrations and problems. For a four-star hotel, the room was appalling. Besides being dark and claustrophic, everything was old, the furniture was decrepit and rusty, the walls had cracks going from the ceiling to the floor and the paint was bubbling up in several places up due to the humidity. The television was perched on a bedside table facing the opposite side of the room and quite impossible to watch whilst in bed (admittedly, some will never watch TV - this will matter more to some).
The cleaning staff were the most raucous I’ve ever encountered, with shouting, yelling, calling, and squawking combined with a general din of crashes, bangs, pans being dropped and objects being noisily moved around which went on for almost two hours. This is unacceptable in any hotel and made having a siesta all but impossible. My partner commented that it was like having them in the room with us.
We discovered at 8pm that our door hadn’t been locking properly; we notified reception and this was fixed. However, if we hadn’t noticed, anyone could have entered our room whilst we were at the beach or at dinner.
The dinner was rather plain and unexciting, with stewed vegetables, roast chicken and slices of pizza - worthy of a school canteen. I asked for a glass of dry white wine, but I was brought sweet. When I pointed this out to them, they told me they only had sweet, no dry, unless I wanted to buy a bottle. I have travelled a lot in my life, but I have never before been to a four-star hotel which didn’t have a basic selection of white wines by the glass.
When I realised at 9pm I’d forgotten to bring my toothbrush, I went to reception to ask for a toothbrush kit. The reception staff looked at me blankly and told me to go get one in the shop in town (at 9pm, it was, of course, closed).
There were other issues but this review is already too long.
The cherry on the cake was at check-out. After paying the bill, the staff member did not even ask us if we’d had a good stay, didn’t say goodbye, or wish us a pleasant onward trip. Mauritius has a world-wide reputation for excellence in the service and hospitality sector, but this hotel seems to have hired the rejects.
If you’re in Mauritius, don’t waste your money here - you’re likely to be disappointed too.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank andrewhI1262NH
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We booked for 3 days and 2 nights the rooms are ok but in need of maintenance, the bathroom and toilet is separated by a glass partition but no exhaust fan . The food was good but the noise at night from the entertainment and the jets taking off and landing made it hard to sleep. The hotel staff were helpful and polite

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank X648OWcraigs
Reviewed 18 July 2018

when we arrived we saw garbage in front of this hotel. Then even though we booked from 9th July and arrived on 10th July we were told our room is not ready to go have breakfast ! We had been travelling for 16 hours or more and wanted to go to our room not have breakfast. We were tired and needed to rest and take a shower but could not.
Then taken to a room like a basement which was horrible .. the third room was offered which we took.
The reception staff (some) are unhelpful and unfriendly. We spoke to the Manager since we arrived asking to move but until one week later he now tells us we can move.
Black birds flying in restaurant and coming on tables.... horrible.
Yesterday lunch was so little we think the hotel ran out of food. We have paid for 2 weeks all inclusive and i went without lunch yesterday.
We are waiting for our agent in Spain to deal with this. Since last week we have wanted to move. Very disappointed and unhappy. Completely spoiled our 2 week holiday. Want to go back home.
This hotel does not care. We feel like we were stuck here and nothing to do. There is a hot tub but never worked. There is a very small gym which looks old and dirty.

Room tip: We do not recommend this hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sylviadr1
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel lovely and clean friendly staff and the sea views are to die for the food is absolutely gorgeous can not say a bad thing about the food always something to choose from and I’m a very picky eater. The only negative I have about this place is it’s very quiet and nothing at all around you to do if you want a chilled out relaxing holiday lazing around the beach/pool then this is for you, if you like a bit off night life and civilisation then don’t go here all in all a wonderful place to visit and I’m glad I have been xxc

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaztt77
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

So after looking at the beautiful pictures and with everyone describing how gorgeous this resort is - we really wanted to give it a try. However some reviews are decidedly negative. We have been to Mauritius twice before and we have made great choices - so we are going to be open minded and expect a great experience. We booked the Beach front room- all inclusive. Will post how it goes. We will be going 21-28 July 2018 with our 1 year old and 4 year old. Enough to test any resort! :) I will give it a 4 as it’s a 4 star resort.... and I haven’t seen it as yet... let’s hope I won’t need to edit that rating ;)

Trip type: Travelled with family