Destinia.com
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews sea fire salt special thanks kids club horizon restaurant salt restaurant chinese new year welcoming smile nice amenities newly opened hotel the ocean view room interesting books comfortable bed and pillows front office team any requests great swimming pool relaxing environment modern hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Brand new resort. Simple but beautiful place with friendly staff to look after you. Drinks from the bar for the management cocktail were awesome with background live music. Very well organised. Definitely coming back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
cdeysel, General Manager at Anantara Iko Mauritius Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Dear Jmarc27,

Greetings from Anantara Iko Mauritius!

Thank you for choosing to spend your holidays with us and I am happy to see you enjoyed your experience in this unspoilt part of Mauritius!

The team is focuses daily to ensure the precious holiday times our guests choose to share with us is an experience they will remember and that we are happy to read that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for more!

Reviewed 2 March 2020

Service was the worst i had so far, bearing in mind that this is a 5* Hotel. Food was not that great and most of the time it was cold and we had to send it back. At least 5 times the waiter had to come back and tell me that what i ordered was finished, we were left with a poor choice! The rooms are really nice and the beds are one of the bests i have slept in, but no hot water on our last day, no one came to clean our room on our last day, the floor was a mess and slippery. not to forget that we heard your staff swearing a couple of times on their way to the kitchen and also one of the waiters mentioned that the food will be served in less than 2 mins as its pre cooked ? REALLY? another staff serving me didn't even know what fruits were for dessert and he said he just arrived so he doesn't know! definitely the service staff are not experienced enough to be working in a 5 * Hotel, they were not able to work under pressure and us as clients we could see that there was a huge problem in the kitchen.

Whilst checking out no one asked me how was my stay, i had to tell them by myself.. The assistant manger came to greet us and apologize for the inconvenience which was the least that they could do, i was refunded my extras 'Rs 2300'' aprox for a start and they said they will contact me to see how they could fix this issue.

Its a shame as the hotel is beautiful and situated and an amazing location.
I wouldn't recommend the Hotel straight away, maybe in about 6-months the time they sort out their service and staff.

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear Shishi1607,

I do need to apologise, as it is clear that we were not able to deliver on our normal levels of service or care, as this is what we endeavour to achieve, on a daily basis with all our guests. It is clear that in this case we were not able to do so.

We have recruited a number of new team members and their training is ongoing. To this end we have been joined since the beginning of this month by a very experienced trainer from our company, in order to speed up the training process, so as to ensure all the services, to all our guests, is per our standards and our guests expectations. Again, I do apologise for the challenges you faced during your stay related to this issue, and rest assured we will have all our services, and our offerings, at the standard you would expect, consistently.

Though I realise it does did not make up for the lapses in our service delivery, I do hope our actions upon check out goes some way to show how serious we do take the responsibility we have in ensuring each guest has a great stay with us. I will be in contact with you personally as well to follow up on your stay.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

Great Customer Service and beautiful serene view.
The buffet restaurant should add more African dishes or sauces.
The Reclusiveness of the resort was much appreciated.
Scuba diving will be a great addition to the activities at the resort.

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
cdeysel, General Manager at Anantara Iko Mauritius Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear olutoyeremijohn,

Greetings from Anantara Iko Mauritius!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback following your recent stay. I am happy to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us in this pristine part of Mauritius!

I have noted your suggestions for the breakfast buffet and we will look at that more moving forward - thank you! We do offer all the watersports you would expect in Mauritius, including scuba diving, however as we are located within the Blue Bay Marine Park, we do not do any motorised watersport activities directly at the resort. However, all these activities is arranged via our Concierge service, or on property Boat House, and it is a done short distance away from the Resort. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can enjoy it all!

Reviewed 19 February 2020

She was so kind to my chikdren. The activities and games that she organized were so much fun. My youngest son chose different face paintings every day and she did an amazing job. They would love to visit the kids club again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
cdeysel, General Manager at Anantara Iko Mauritius Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Dear 857ranai,

Greetings from Anantara Iko Mauritius!

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this lovely review. The "Dodo's Nest" is indeed a place of fun and yes, most kids does not want to leave! That does mean some quiet time for Mom and Dad and so everyone is happy! Hope to welcome you and our little guest back soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2020

We arrived early from Europe and it was very easy and a short ride to get to the hotel.
The hotel is very new and the lobby is very stylish! But what stood out was the staff - always attentive, helping and smiling. They helped us get an earlier than usual checkin, planning activities during the day and turning every meal into a fabulous one!
We miss the great breakfast buffet with the variety of fruit, eggs station, and much more. The staff at the buffet and the a la carte restaurant were great.

The snorkeling trip with the glass bottom boat was a great event. Nice to see how much coral reefs are just below the surface of the ocean. The boat driver went out of his way to show us as much as possible.

I also used the gym - new Technogym machines, wow. Loved using the treadmill with bluetooth headphones while watching youtube.

We reported a few things that needed fixing (like the coffee machine in the room), that was probably because nobody has used them before.

Summarizing the above: new hotel, with really ambitious, caring staff (most of them are locals!)
We love to come back - hopefully soon!

Date of stay: February 2020
cdeysel, General Manager at Anantara Iko Mauritius Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Dear parkhaus,

Greetings from Anantara Iko Mauritius!

Thank you for your recent stay with us and with sharing your experience here. We love hearing back from all our guests so we can continue to improve in all areas and so ensuring a memorable experience for all.

I am happy to see that you made use and enjoyed all our offerings, which the team always enjoys to deliver! It will be a pleasure to welcome you back and yes, hopefully soon!!