“Hidden Gem”

Valley Stream State Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great Place for Family. Great Place for Couples. Clean. Right off the Highway so that convenient. Lots of people do Reunions here. I really like this place.

Date of experience: August 2017
"trail"
"weekends"
"playground"

Reviewed 9 August 2017

As a young child my family would regularly go and picnic at this park. i took my grandkids there and they appreciated as much as i had. There was a playground, nice path for bike riding, ample picnic tables and even a place for a barbecue. The place was nicely maintained. We went during the week and it was n't crowded I am not sure what it would be like on the weekends.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I visited with childhood friends. Took my daughter and grandbaby with me. It was easy to get to. Parking is $8 which is reasonable. The staff was friendly. The park was clean. There were grills available. Just enough tables and chairs and waste cans. The bathroom was clean and had a baby changing table. I really have no complaints. It's a little far for me to frequent. But I would recommend those who live closer to go out and enjoy the park!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Well maintained, beautiful scenery. Manicured lawn, duck pond and dog park. A nice quite park to enjoy in an urban area. Free parking, next to the Valley Stream LIRR station.

Date of experience: May 2017