Reviews (1 553)
1 553 results
All reviews double tree front desk cookies off the highway beds were comfortable convenient location easy access business trip train station the entire staff upon check new york sleepy hollow the tappan zee bridge hudson valley fitness center indoor pool
64 - 69 of 1 553 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

First walking in I was welcomed with warm, delicious cookies. The lobby and green was beautiful and the rooms were comfortable. Very conveniently located between White Plains and Sleepy Hollow and everything less than 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had to travel twice to Tarrytown New York to assist a family member who was temporarily residing at the Tarrytown Care Center. We were very fortunate to be able to stay at the DoubleTree Inn located in Tarrytown New York. The quality and customer service was exceptional compared to other hotels that we have stayed at while traveling or vactioning the past few years.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I carefully read reviews and chose this hotel for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary.

Upon checking-in, we got to our room on a lower floor with a 'patio'. Honestly, it's just a slab of concrete with a table and two chairs.

What was very nice was the complementary fruit plate, sparkling water, and card that was delivered to help us celebrate.

We then decided to go to the pool. It was nicely heated and pleasant. There is no hot tub though.

We went to dinner at Bistro Z and sat outside to enjoy the meal. We had crabcakes as an appetizer and both ordered steak. I had the ribeye and my husband had the NY strp. Dinner was delectable! The steaks were perfectly cooked, nicely sized, with delicious accompaniments and sauces. Definitely worth the price.

The major con of our stay was the climate control system in the room. The air conditioning didn't seem to work very well and although the room wasn't overheated, it was too warm even though we turned the thermostat down to the mid 60s.

Overall, it was a decent stay but I'm not certain I will chose this place again. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Tarrytown a few months ago and it was lovely.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

NOT worth the price they're charging...rooms run-down and infested with ants/bugs. It was really deceptive because the lobby is gorgeous and the photos posted online made it seem nice, and for the cost of the room, I really assumed it would be of some quality. Boy, was I wrong.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Jenn J,

We are extremely sorry to hear about your disappointment with the hotel. I know you spoke with management during your stay and this has been rectified.

Regards,
Linda

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Staff was very gracious but as someone with mobility issues I found the hotel very difficult to navigate. Our room was ok once we figured out how to kill the thermostat. The bathroom entry was not wide enough to accommodate my walker..a real problem. Apart from the welcome cookie, there were no real amenities in the room, not even bottled water. Housekeeping missing in action. Parking was an issue. Valet service would have been nice. Bistro Z was way overpriced and frou-frou menu not a kid pleaser. Want pizza? Need send out for it. Bottom line: hotel was very mass market.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jonathan F,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad you found the staff gracious but disappointed to hear you did not like the room amenities.

Kind regards,