All reviews hard boiled eggs clean rooms yogurt small exercise room basic hotel stayed here for two nights lounge area restaurants within walking distance state fairgrounds breakfast room would stay here again free breakfast easy access night's sleep mini fridge convenient location destiny usa
Reviewed 25 March 2017

This is a very nice Comfort Inn. It's a little noisy because it's right off the highway, but it's not too bad. There is NOTHING to do around this hotel so don't stay here unless you don't mind driving about 10 minutes to restaurants and shopping. There are two washers and dryers by the ice machine that are free to use. Just bring your own soap or they sell it at the front desk. This was a lifesaver for me because I've been traveling for work for a week. The complimentary breakfast was very good and very similar to what you get at a Hampton Inn: eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, etc. I would stay here if I ever found myself in the Syracuse area again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for your comments an thank you for selecting our hotel while here in Syracuse. We look forward to your return soon ! Please let us know if there is anything you may need for your next visit. It will be our pleasure to assist you !

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We checked in late for a one night stay after seeing a hotel sign on the interstate. The room was inexpensive and basic. It was dated, but clean so no complaints there. It appears that there had been attempts made to update the room, however none of the dated stuff had been removed (I.e. the rusted old baseboard heater in the bathroom tucked beside the toilet). We couldn't get the shower to stop dripping despite numerous attempts. It was certainly fine for the night, but I don't think I would make this my hotel of choice when in the area again. Of note, the lady at check in was very friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Hello Wandering Beaver!

It looks like you have commented on the wrong Hotel! We do not have baseboard heaters in our bathrooms. However, We hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are in Syracuse ! It would be my pleasure to have you stay with us !

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Room freezing on arrival, heater rattles & knocks all night, TV doesn't work, prison-issue pillows, one of each, green bananas at breakfast, nice staff, Comfort Inn meh,
Lotsa hotels on Syracuse, stay somewhere else

Trip type: Travelled with family

Our sincere apologies for the issues you mentioned here. I sure wish you had mentioned this to any of out 24 hour staff members. Anyone would have been most gracious to assist you and ensure your stay was a pleasant one ! Feel free to contact me directly. I will be happy to speak with you.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Sam checked us in and she was super friendly and helpful. Being from Texas and knowing nothing about the area she gave us a list of restaurants and directions to get to them. The hotel is located next to the freeway but wasn't really an issue. Bed was comfortable and hallways quiet. Breakfast was the usual waffle, eggs, toast, etc. Price was excellent!!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your visit in Syracuse ! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay ! Do visit us again soon, It will be our pleasure !

Reviewed 8 November 2016

On a week-long trip, we had our best night's sleep here. The room was large & clean, the linens were good, the beds were comfortable and it had a nice easy chair. The best thing about the room was that the light blocking shade was bigger than the window. The room was still pitch black after the sun was up.

We had a couple of strange problems (ours) and the front desk staff were great in getting them resolved. Justin was particularly helpful, as was his co-worker. Breakfast was good although it was crowded. The staff did a great job keeping up with the three bus loads of teens there for a marching band competition!

I've put this pet friendly hotel on my 'use again' list.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Our Pleasure ! Thank you for chooseing us for your visit in Syracuse ! We hope to see you again very soon !