“Stopped in for breakfast”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #47 of 780 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had the steak and eggs, was very good and even thou it was busy I got my order in great time. Everything was great.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stopped here for lunch and tried the pot roast. It was very good. Service was as you normally expect in Denny's quick and friendly . We also consumed copious amounts of their coffee which gave us a much needed caffeine boost. I have to admit to also having a chocolate milk shake. Delicious but will worry about the calories later.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Back in 2014 I reviewed this Denny's and gave it an average rating, and if you were to read what I wrote then, I was being generous to do so. This time I have to tell it like it is: not very good at all, and not simply because it is a Denny's.

We ate lunch there and ordered from the 55 and over menu. My wife and I both had the country-fried steak. It was preceded by a cup of vegetable beef soup which we found okay, if somewhat lacking in vegetables. Our country-fried steaks were kind of blah, and the tasteless white goop on top that passed for gravy was just awful. I ordered broccoli as one of my sides and it was so salty it was astounding--and inedible. My wife had mashed potatoes, and they were mashed in name alone, as they appeared to have been cooked potatoes that someone stepped on just once, leaving unappetizing lumps and skin; insult was added to this with a generous dollop of the tasteless white gravy.

Service was pleasant but incompetent. When I told our server that my broccoli was inedibly salty, her reaction was denial, and an incorrect assertion that this is the way the broccoli comes to the restaurant and they didn't do anything to it. Later, she admitted that when she told the cook she found out that yes, they do cook it and season it here. But the really baffling thing was that at no point did she offer to do anything to make it right. Any decent restaurant would offer to either cook you a fresh batch or substitute something else, and if the error is significant, they'll even comp your meal. Not here. It never even occurred to our server that she should try to make up for the really bad side of broccoli.

My wife wanted to go here and though I had bad memories from our previous visit, I agreed. Next time, I will firmly resist any suggestion that we dine here.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Dear management please read entire review.

We stopped by around 9:30 pm. I had never been here before but we just wanted a quick bite. The menu pictures looked Inticing. We were seated quickly. There were about 6 other tables with customers. Our service was quick and pleasant. The food was warm and tasty. We both ordered the lumberjack breakfast. We both loved our pancakes, the eggs were warm and tasty. We didn’t care for the meats however, the ham too salty (for us) and the bacon was fatty. We mostly ignored the meats, but the eggs and pancakes were more than filling. Half the plate was hash browns and they were just ok, a bit underdone for my taste. We were both starving when we arrived but left full. We were overall very happy with our meals and service. We didn’t really care about the meat anyway. The restaurant looked clean and I plan to go back very soon. I live here and this was my first time here. I remember when this restaurant was Perkins, many years ago. My only complaint/concern was a man who looked like he may have been a manger just standing there while this poor server was busting her butt with all these tables. He stood around the whole time. When we left he was standing outside the door talking with a female with a foul mouth in her car. If I were his boss I would have a stern talk with him. He needs to help. The server was terrific! I was there last night, Monday June 4th around 9:30 pm. That should help any upper management figure out who I am talking about. His actions were deplorable just standing there looking bored.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I don't know if I'd do lunch or dinner at Denny's, but it's a good option for a quick breakfast and not eat hotel buffet breakfast food. For Denny's this location is average and the wait staff were very attentive and helpful.

Date of visit: May 2018