“Looks better than it tastes”

The Lowery Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Sunnyside
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to try this place out as the weather was nice enough to entertain the idea of dining al fresco (on a relatively quiet street). In that sense it did not disappoint. The staff was welcoming, attentive, and helpful in navigating the menu. However, the food was a slight letdown. As the mushroom flatbread, french toast, and brunch burger were placed in front of us, they looked so inviting that we couldn't wait to dig in. Unfortunately, the taste did not live up to our expectations. Even the truffle oil wasn't enough to make the flatbread really sing. Perhaps we were just there on an off day. Might give it another try.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

There are so many great things about this new(ish) addition to Sunnyside. The food is fantastic, the staff are wonderful, and the beer selection is great. The owner, Ann, is so friendly and welcoming every time we go. It is my go-to place when I have friends and family in town. Their Brunch menu is fab. My favorite dish for brunch is the Mushroom and Arugula Flatbread. And they do a killer Bloody Mary. Their veggie burger is out of this world.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Corner pub with a spacious dinning area and a long bar behind.
The staff was very friendly, and attentive.

Their drinks menu is extensive.Twenty eight beers divided in tap or bottled/cans. House cocktails, Wines(Red,Whites,Sparkling). They have Daily Specials drinks. Today they had a Mint Watermelon Mojito. Which my friend ordered. I went for the 6 Points Sweet Actions lager.

The Dinner menu is pretty varied with Share Plates, Salads, Burger and Sandwiches, Entrees.

I chose a shared plate starter as my main course.
Crispy Pork Belly Dumplings. They were tasty, crunchy with a sweetish Asian soy based sauced. Delicious
My friend got the Fish and Chips. She said it was excellent.

For Dessert we shared a Chocolate Mousse cake.
Coffee.

A very delicious dinner.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

The Lowry is a neighborhood spot in Sunnyside, very worth of visiting if you are visiting the city. The food is delicious, service is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect. It is worth going out of your way to dine at Lowry.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

A friend of ours opened this place up last year and we were privileged to eat there one night last October.
Great casual food, wonderful attentive service , & good drinks made for a very good evening !