US$148
US$105
  • Free Internet
US$221
US$176
The Village Inn(Saugerties)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$190
US$186
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscatskill mountainsbase camplewis and clarkfront porchgreat drinksduring happy hourcocktail hourliving roomlawn gameswedding weekendlocal attractionsmy favorite partevery inchnatural beautyan amazing experienceevery eveningmodern bathroom
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

BBB is stunning, hello mountains, fields and sumptuous gardens. It’s suave, thanks to Mark and Ryan, and it’s a sanctuary! And like all good oasis, there is a happy hour. The only real issue is which part of the stunning houses and gardens to partake. The back patio offering al fresco eating and chilling, or the front lawn with an incredible vista? Or what about the cottage? The property includes a second dwelling where a bunch of us stayed as well. This offered more gardens and an indoor patio with hammocks, it is well appointed with everything you need. The accommodations in both houses are awesome, every single person was happy. We were a large group and there were also other guests and we were all very comfortable in our individual digs and the public spaces.

Having their delicious breakfast looking over the mountains I was in my happy place.

People had wonderful adventures and connections on their excursions from base camp. It’s not essential you can just chill, but the surrounding Catskill charms call through the trees and are quite irresistible.

We’ll probably sneak back their by ourselves and will definitely return to the Basecamp with friends.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Dean J, Owner at Bluestone Bed & Basecamp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks so much Anne-Marie, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely stay this past weekend. We arrived on Friday evening and thoroughly enjoyed our happy hour drinks and conversations with owners Mark and Ryan. Our room was beautifully decorated yet masculine and comfortable. The bathroom with rain head shower will ruin you for your own at home. I also enjoyed the Dr. Bronner’s soaps and lotion in the bathroom. On Saturday we awoke to the smell of freshly-baked croissants and thoroughly enjoyed them with fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, juice, and delicious coffee on the beautiful front porch. There was also yogurt and granola offered. After a lovely day of hiking Saugerties Lighthouse, visiting Catskills Animal Sanctuary, driving through Woodstock, enjoying lunch at the Phoenicia Diner, and taking in the views at Four Mile Point Preserve we headed back to our room and dressed for dinner at the Red Onion. We were sorry to miss happy hour Saturday night due to our dinner reservation. On Sunday we repeated our lovely breakfast experience and headed out for the FDR presidential library and home in Hyde Park. We had a delightful weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We look forward to visiting with Mark and Ryan more when we are back in the area for more R&R!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Dean J, Owner at Bluestone Bed & Basecamp, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thanks Janet and Mike for your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I've had two visits to Bluestone Bed & Basecamp, and I'm considering making it my permanent weekend getaway. Who needs a country house when you've got a beautifully restored property with excellent hosts and a daily happy hour?!?!

I first stayed there for memorial day weekend 2016 and visited again for Christmas week in 2017. Each time I was greeted by the wonderful Mark who makes the stay so lovely with his easy energy and quick wit. He and his partner Ryan also know the best places in the area for a hike or a meal.

During my last visit there was event a phenomenal Christmas eve party for the guests and local neighbors. Good food, great drinks and carols around the piano. And it was a very queer friendly place for my partner and I to visit together. There were families, drag queens and new friends to meet.

Oh - my favorite part is that they have a working fireplace in the living room. So nice to cozy up to after a day antiquing or hiking nearby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
bluestonebasecamp, Owner at Bluestone Bed & Basecamp, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you so much Niegel for your fab review. We hope you will make it back this summer!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My boyfriend and I booked a 2 night stay and could not have been more pleased! During Happy Hour Mark and Ryan gave us great suggestions for where to dine and visit and we had a a lot of fun talking with them in the bar/lounge.

We stayed in the Lewis and Clark room and loved the modern bathroom with a walk in shower and awesome views of the Catskill mountains. Breakfast was simple and tasty with fresh fruit and warm croissants.

We hope to return and enjoy the outside patios and gardens this summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Dean J, Owner at Bluestone Bed & Basecamp, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review, we can't wait to host you both again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

While visiting friends in the area I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful place. With amazing views of the Catskill mountains and a blend of modern and vintage decor this place is a great find!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo