All reviews hanging baskets gas station across the street great place to stay walking distance in town great rate room was spotless stay there again lake george the main street outdoor pool excellent stay convenient location state park carl downtown rates
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have stayed here many times in the the past and never had a complaint. Though dated and hardly a 5 star venue, it was clean, attractive, and in a great location. The outside was very appealing with its planters and hanging baskets of flowers, and the pool area was equally clean and nicely landscaped. So... you can only imagine my surprise when I arrived recently for a 3 night stay to find what I can only describe (kindly) as a very unappealing environment. Where there were once hanging baskets, there are now only empty chains dangling; the one remaining planter is broken, leaning to one side, and filled with weeds; the pool area looks scruffy and the bushes around the fence look as if they hadn't had attention all season.To add to the overall negative appearance, the carpeting outside the doors hadn't been vacuumed or swept since ?? In short, the place looks rundown and borderline seedy.
The room itself was ok, but expect no amenities. The hairdryer barely worked (1 speed instead of 2), there were no tissues, and the radio malfunctioned. When I inquired about tissues, housekeeping personnel replied that the new owner was no longer supplying them in the rooms.
What a disappointment! Needless to say, I will neither return nor recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank JETCRHNY
Reviewed 7 June 2018

...is not enough to cancel a reservation at the Springs Motel :-( ...my father passed away the day we were supposed to check in for a two day stay...we even called and alerted the Motel before checkin time ...they could have rebooked the room..but they maintained that it was a non-refundable reservation.
Better be absolutely convinced that absolutely nothing will impede your arrival...for not even death is an excuse to part them with their money...Better yet - choose to not do business with an outfit with such business (non)ethics.....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank banderse
Reviewed 23 May 2018

It's a good hotel with an excellent price. If you're looking for a place that is not expensive yet clean and in a convenient location then you can't do any better than The Springs Motel.

The hotel is older but the rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. There's coffee for you in the morning and plenty of fresh towels.

They even have a grill if you want to BBQ a little bit.

It's my first time in Saratoga Springs and the first time at this place but it definitely won't be my last. The staff are quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Lee L
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here three or four times over the past few years when it was rated the #1 on TripAdvisor. I recommended it to people around the capital region as a modest, well maintained, very clean, friendly motel that is perfectly located in Saratoga Springs at a tremendous value. I was looking forward to returning to the Springs Motel for a night away and a stroll through downtown with my daughter. I am so disappointed.
First, I paid the most for an off season stay than I ever have. Then I noticed the lack of their beautiful hanging flower baskets (maybe too early in the season?) and the addition of cheesy rope lighting around the pool area. Then I noticed that the room hadn't been vacuumed, the drain was clogged and it had no stopper/valve. There was toothpaste spray all over the mirror, dust and grime on top of the fridge, coffee maker, and iron, stained ironing board cover, empty tissue box and sticky residue on the night stand and a dirty toilet bowl. To top it off I was disturbed this morning by a commotion outside my room so I peer out my window and make eye contact with one of several housekeepers sitting outside my window chatting and smoking cigarettes. Lovely. I'm truly bummed I can no longer recommend this motel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Excursion63486
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I booked The Springs Motel for a two Night stay from Mar 23 thru Mar 25 on Mar 13th. I ended up having to cancel the reservation due a death in the family - which cancelled the entire trip. When I tried to cancel the reservation the manager stated that it was non refundable because of the special rate I received and would have had to cancelled by Feb 21st (30 days prior) to get a refund. Which was impossible since the I made the reservation Mar 13th. He said he would call Corporate & explain the situation and call me back. He never called me back. He said he did but my phone did not show any calls or messages form the motel #. I called him back and he stated corporate said no because of the special rate or follow cancellation policy.Seriously, I looked up the rate today for the same motel, and the rate was $ 10.00 lower than my supposed great rate. Since I booked thru Hotel.com - they gave me a coupon at half the value good for one year. I did not want to cancel the trip and motel without a good reason - but they were to greedy to be compassionate and provide a refund. I will never stay there nor recommend it to anyone. Read the fine print and hope if fits your situation.

Room Tip: Read other reviews and Buyer Beware.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends