“Very helpful staff”

St. Regis Canoe Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Saranac Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full-service canoe and kayak outfitter offering canoe and kayak rentals, camping gear rentals, food packing and food drops, transportation and shuttles, and guides and instruction. Our two locations on the Saranac River and Floodwood Pond offer both a wide variety of gear for purchase, as well as free trip planning advice.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Being in the industry, I would like to say that the staff at St Regis Canoe Outfitters are very friendly and helpful. I am planning a trip to the Adirondacks, but have never been there before. I reached out to the staff here, and asked them for route info as well as some general questions about specific areas. I explained to them that we had all the gear we needed, and did not need their services other than maybe a shuttle. Not only were they more than happy to provide me with all the info I needed, the routes they suggested would not require a shuttle (thereby removing the one thing we may have needed to hire them for). If I have any needs from a canoe outfitter in the Andirondack area, They will be the first ones I visit.

All reviews
"loop"
"purchase"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I rented a Spitfire Canoe from SRCO for a solo-paddle through the St. Regis Canoe Area, and was very happy with the equipment and service. I arrived at their Floodwood Road location unexpectedly, with a request for a lock and cable for the canoe, and since they didn't have one on hand they gladly shuttled the lock over from their Saranac Lake location at no charge. I really appreciated that, and felt that it went above and beyond.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

My wife and I chose to work with St. Regis primarily because of the positive online reviews we read and the professionalism of their website. We were not disappointed. From helping us select a 5-day route, to outfitting us, to packing food, we couldn't have been more pleased. Service was top-notch, both over the phone and while we were at the Saranac Lake and Floodwood facilities. Car shuttle went without a hitch...well, we found we had a flat tire when we took out at the end, but can't fault them for that! We used to be avid canoeists, traveling in Ontario, Maine, Boundary Waters, etc. but had not canoe camped for 15 years...based upon this experience, we'll return again soon -- with St. Regis.

StRegisCanoe, Owner at St. Regis Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your input is very much appreciated. We will pass that information onto all the staff that worked with you. We are passionate about the outdoors and are always thrilled when people return from their outings with such a positive experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I work in the outdoor industry and had such a great experience I felt compelled to write a review! They helped my group plan our canoe trip from top to bottom - helped pick our routes, gave great feedback about sites to camp, and I could go on. Dana and everyone else were super knowledgeable and eager to make our experience great. I would recommend this outfitter to anyone looking to explore and enjoy the lakes.

StRegisCanoe, Owner at St. Regis Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Kelly,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a recommendation on Trip Advisor. We will certainly let Dana and the other staff know how much you appreciated their assistance. It is always good to get feedback from others who work in the outdoor industry.