All reviewsnew ownershipenjoyed my stayan older hotelroom was cleangenesee riverstay there againerinwedding
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Nicole might possibly be the best bartender in Rochester. Her level of service and customer care is unmatchable. Can't say enough about how well she treated our group while we were there. Hotel is clean and the rest of the staff is helpful and friendly as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Syed Y, General Manager at Rochester Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Ryan C,

Thank you for a five star review. Nicole is an asset to the Rochester Riverside team and we are very proud to have her on our team. Thank you very much for an amazing review, I will make sure to share this with the entire team.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Pleasant staff, great buffet breakfast. Hotel is dated but clean. Unable to use underground parking with our truck. We were allowed to park out front. Lots of conventions going on, but that didn't interfere with our stay.

Room Tip: Nice view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Syed Y, General Manager at Rochester Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we look forward to servicing you in the near future when your travels bring you back to Rochester.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had to stay here with a car club tour and heard it was under construction and elevators were out too!
We were pleasantly surprised how accommodating staff was with their construction issues and room was nice! Staff surpassed the expectations!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Syed Y, General Manager at Rochester Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I am very happy to hear that my team took great care of you. We strive to provide engaging and caring service to all guests. We look forward to servicing you again when your travels bring you back to Rochester NY. See you soon !

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Got bumped from Hyatt across the street to this “sister property.” Hell on earth! Smelly, dirty - drunkards from jazz festival absolutely ruined our time there. Everything was broken - elevators, garage gates - total fire hazard.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am truly sorry for the experience you had during your stay. Our goal is to ensure each and every guest, regardless of why they are visiting, have nothing less than a perfect stay. I would like get more information on the issues you experienced. At your convenience, please email me at syed.younus@rochesterriversidehotel.com or call me at 585-546-6415 so that I may get a better understanding of your experience. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has seen better days and they are beginning some renovations. During our stay the main elevators were out of service and they asked all the guests and employees to use only TWO elevators that were accessed through the employee area (yes, the service elevators neatly re-branded as the “north tower”). The staff was courteous but you could tell they were also annoyed with the arrangement. Beyond this, the electronic lock on our door constantly malfunctioned throughout the 3-day stay. Every request for repairs was met with, “you clearly have demagnetized your key.” After 6 episodes you would think that they would stop blaming the customer. Nope. Beyond these inconveniences I found the hotel to be acceptably clean, but not impressively so. The breakfast (full breakfast included In room charge) was above average and the servers were very attentive. There is a convenient parking garage for come/go service for one daily fee charges to the room ($17.00 per day). We were able to walk to most downtown attractions from this location. Bottom line it’ll do and the full breakfast kept me from being more disgruntled by the negatives described earlier.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank travelmeister75

Dear Travelmeister75,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have shared your comments with our operations team and each one is committed to ensuring our guests receive nothing less than a perfect stay.

I hope the next time your travels take you to Rochester NY, you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust and provide you with a positive experience of the Riverside Hotel.