All reviews scallops bolognese comfortable beds bagels across the street front desk alberto expanding bedroom vineyards aquarium
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had no experience with the Hotel save to say that it’s public spaces appeared clean, smart, fresh and upbeat. The Restaurant housed in it’s front parlor with the bar space opening out to a lovely veranda (overlooking the LI Aquarium!) is quite a departure for a more traditionally-styled town looking to modernize its image. If the rest of it all does as well as The Preston, things are looking up. The menu is not very extensive, but quite interesting, the Chef is a tad adventurous in a good way (the braised pork shoulder and the unusual gazpacho were RE-markable) and the staff is pleasant, eager, attentive and accommodating. In all it is well worth a trip, though one caveat: it IS a bit pricey, especially for the environs. Such is the way of modernity!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jennifer P, Owner at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Hi Marc,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought out review of The Preston House and Hotel! Hoping to see you again very soon!

The Team at The Preston House and Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We stayed at The Preston for Memorial Day Weekend. Stayed in both a studio and a 1-bedroom. Both were fantastic. Clean and spacious with high ceilings and big windows. Fabulous modern bathrooms, both with showers and a big soak tub in the 1-bedroom. Couldn't have enjoyed the modern amenities more. I love concrete flooring so I enjoyed the hard surface.

Alberto was fantastic as the host of the hotel. He managed the front desk, kept the complimentary continental breakfast filled with fantastic bagels, fruits, fresh OJ and even made cappuccinos and lattes upon request. Moreso, he was a very pleasant guy. He's from Italy which made the place feel like a European hotel. I love Europe, so this was a plus. Thanks Alberto.

We also ate at the restaurant. Pricey, yes. But the steak I had was perfect. Peppery and cooked just as I like it. Not too salty. It came with fries and asparagus. Terrific. Although I didn't taste it, my friend had the scallops and loved them, too.

The Italian Lavazza espresso maker in the room and the Lindt chocolates left on the bed were an added bonus. Plus, the ceramic Lavazza espresso cups and the (forgot the brand, but expensive) bath robes and slippers showed the care these folks put into making your stay an experience, rather than a boring stay.

I loved it here.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ei1pub
Steven S, General Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear ei1pub,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Preston House & Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations and had a special experience while staying with us. We have a lot of wonderful amenities and after reading your review it looks like you were able to enjoy many of them! I also appreciate your kind words about Alberto and will be sure to celebrate this feedback with him. Thanks again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Regards,

Steven Shauger

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We only ate here so can’t comment on it as a hotel but it looked clean, modern and comfortable.
We had dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We started with a selection of oysters from the east and west coasts and then had an excellent main dish each. The dishes were a little small but tasted delicious. It was a Friday evening so it was packed which meant the main dining room (which actually isn’t that big) was really buzzing. The downside to this was that it was difficult to have a conversation with each other.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
K3460FMalbertol, Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Dave W,

thank you for your recent visit at The Preston House and Hotel, and for taking the time to share your review with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad you enjoyed the oysters (I know that our Chef take pride in choosing the right ingredients for each dish personally!). We hope to host you again and possibly have you as our nightly guest as well. We will share your review and concern with our team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Alberto Longhi
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

My wife an I had dinner here because a local guy told us the Preston restaurant was awesome. He was right; this place doesn’t disappoint. The appetizer was delicious and the entrees superb. I highly recommend the duck, amazing. My wife said the scallops were divine. Also, my wife who never has dessert, ordered the the burnt cheesecake, perfection on a plate.
If you dine here, you won’t be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeff C,
thank you for your recent visit at The Preston House and Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. Our chefs and kitchen staff take great pride in every dish prepare and we are glad you and your wife enjoyed every single one of them. As a matter of fact the cheesecake is one of my favorite as well (and usually do not order nor eat deserts!). We can't wait to have you as our guests for your next outing! Once again, thank you for your kind words and be reassured we will share your review with our team as well.

Best Regards,

Alberto Longhi
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Interesting location right across the street from the aquarium. Staff was nice. Rooms are large, very clean and modern - really very nice with a big bathroom. The negative is the water in the shower gets all over the bathroom - the front desk said the pitch was off which may be true but under the drain there is a basket and in our room we found the basket full of hair which was gross. Once I pulled the basket out the drainage seemed fine to me. Turn down Service cleaned up the excess water but it did mess up our evening a bit. We did eat at the restaurant and I must say the roast chicken was absolutely delicious.

Stayed: June 2018
Steven S, General Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Happytravelinfamily,

Thank you for your recent review of our property and I are pleased that you found our restaurant and hotel accommodations enjoyable. In addition, please know that your comments pertaining to the bathroom drain will be addressed by our maintenance staff. I apologize for this inconvenience and we will work on avoiding this in the future. Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Regards,