“Great for family and friends and out of towners”
Review of Danny's South

Danny's South
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Orchard Park
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The location has been around for many years. We went there for a Friday fish fry. I have eaten in some of the best establishments. This is a home like feel with good food people and good times. You'd always be welcome here. The place is clean and well run.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Have been here for bridal and baby showers, great food, and service. Have also been here with my husband just to enjoy their salad bar, which is really great along with the kettles of soup, especially the Chicken Wing soup. The atmosphere is so very nice with the hanging planes and the window drawings of all different artists is amazing. We really enjoy Danny's South, and whenever I receive an invitation for a shower of any kind and the name of the restaurant is this one, I readily accept. It isn't far from the New Era football stadium home of the Buffalo Bills, so on game day it is packed. They host a Thanksgiving Buffet every year which my whole family joins us for also, it is a WOW buffet believe me.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I was in the area for a trade show, and a colleague who had been here before recommended this restaurant. I loved the kitschy décor, which really gave the place a hometown local feel. The menu had a lot of different offerings, but being a first-time visitor to the area, I opted for the "Taste of Buffalo" a roast beef on weck, four Buffalo wings,and fries. I also added their "famous" soup and salad bar: a fairly good sized salad bar, with four different soups. Overall, the food was very good (fries were a bit cold). The service, however, was mediocre at best. We waited a long time to have our order taken, the server never came back to ask how things were, and then we had to wait a really long time to get our check. The place was not even half full, and there were two other servers working as well. If not for the service, I'd give it a 5 out of 5, as the food was very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Our party of eight enjoyed lunch here after our visit to the Southtowns Salt Cave. Very nice soup and salad bar. Tried two of the four soups offered and both were very good. Plan to visit again.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Once again my sister and brother in law made an excellent choice for lunch. We have never been to a bad place on their recommendation, in fact all have been very good. If you are in the Orchard Park area near New Era Field I would suggest that you give them a try. We all had very good meals. I had the burger with cheese and bacon with fries and added the soup and salad bar for $3.99! What a bargain. The burger was cooked to my specs and was very good. The portion of fries was very generous. My brother in law opted for the Rodeo burger and was very pleased with the flavor and the sauce cooked in. My wife and sister had the soup and salad bar as well and split a chicken quesadilla. The quesadilla was so large that not only did they split it, they had some to take home. They offer four soups each day, one of which is always the chicken wing soup. I tried some and it was quite good with a bit of a kick. The salad bar was very good with many options for toppings and dressings. They also had fresh, warm breadsticks that were very good.