“Revisiting a Childhood Memory”
Review of Santa's Workshop

More attraction details
Owner description: Santa's Workshop opened in 1949 and is one of the original Theme Parks. Today it is the oldest operating Theme Park in the United States. Santa's Workshop has remained true to its original design to allow children of all ages to use the facility, cast and the child's own imagination to create the fantasy of Santa's Workshop. You will not find large amusement rides or high tech gagdits, but you will visit with Santa, pet and feed his live Reindeer Team, play with all of Santa's Helpers and even touch the frozen North Pole. Turn the clock back to when you were a child, and your imgaination and spirit of Christmas where all you needed to help make your fantasy come true.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My Mom has fond memories of her parents bringing her here with her grandmother when she was a little girl. So, we decided to make the trek up here while on a multi-state road trip this summer. It is a nice park and would be great with small children. I wish we had brought my niece and nephew here when they were small (a 12 and 16 year old would not be enthralled). We had a nice visit, though, even though it drizzled rain.

John C, General Manager at Santa's Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for visiting Santa's Workshop and posting about your day. We appreciate hearing from all of Santa's guests, and thank you for visiting in spite of the rain.

All reviews
"real santa"
"stage shows"
"kids loved seeing"
in 2 reviews
"great for young children"
"six flags"
"admission price"
"whiteface mountain"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My wife and I visited Santa's Workshop on a driving holiday around American amusement parks in August 2017. We spent a couple of hours here and enjoyed our stay. It's a small park, a little hilly in places, and wonderfully themed and colourful. It's perfect for families with small children perhaps less so for teenagers due to the lack of any real thrill rides.

There is one roller coaster (Santa's Sleigh), a delightful festive carousel, a few other Christmas-themed rides (of course), there is a reindeer barn where you can meet the famous reindeer (was a little cramped I thought). Children have the chance to meet Santa in his house. The staff are dressed as elves and were very friendly and welcoming. Parking is free. Overall a lovely little park but probably not something to fill more than a half day.

1  Thank Davidjellis
SantasWorkshopMgr, General Manager at Santa's Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. We want to hear from all of our guests about their day at Santa's Workshop.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This place is pricey for what it is but young children (5 and under ) will love it. It usually isn’t that busy and worth doing if you have small kids and are in the area. There is an on-site restaurant that is average but should have something everyone could eat. The candy / chocolate shop is good and the kids will like it. My kids loved seeing the frozen North Pole and visiting with Santa.

John C, General Manager at Santa's Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Jeremy,

Thank you for letting us know about your visit to Santa's Workshop. We want to hear from all of our guests about their day and appreciate the feedback. Your comments have been forward to our food and beverage staff. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to seeing your family in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We saw so many good reviews that we wanted to bring our kid there and have a great experience.
We drove four and a half hours, paid $23 per person (including my 4 year old kid), we spent $15 in a picture with Santa, almost $4 for a hot chocolate... and during all this years, so many people visiting this place since they opened, at least I think they could get a new costume for Frosty the Snowmen!!!! The poor guy had so many holes on his suit!!! The bathrooms, I will just say that I didn't want my son to use it.
Everything is so, so old and it really needs some love! like painting, changing some things, update the shows...
Sorry but, It didn't worth the visit for us.

5  Thank Ana C
John C, General Manager at Santa's Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Ana C. - We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to Santa's Workshop. We want all of our guests to have a memorable time. Your comments have been forwarded to our park maintenance team and our live show staff. Frosty is scheduled for an update. We want to be sure that Santa's Workshop is here for generations to come.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I don't usually write reviews but I feel compelled to because we had a wonderful time.

I went a few times as a child and wanted to bring my 4 year old daughter to enjoy the park. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews online saying that it was run down; I wasn't sure what to expect. My wife, who had never been there before, also got a little nervous going through the entrance at the $65 cost of admission for the 3 of us, but was quickly put at ease when she saw how much fun our daughter was having. We went in the beginning of October, the weather was nice and there were no lines (although I suspect there aren't many lines during the 'high' season as well).

The park itself was very clean. The staff was great; friendly and enthusiastic. There were several characters roaming around for photo ops. While most everything had a nice fresh coat of paint on them, there were some things that were a little "rough around the edges", but its nothing a young child would notice, which is all that matters in my book. Further, my parents came with, and mentioned that it looks a lot nicer than it did when they brought us as kids.

Overall, we had a great time and it was well worth the price of admission, a solid 4 stars. Our daughter is convinced she's been to the North Pole. We are already making plans to come back next year and I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for a great day.

5  Thank justinlottes
John C, General Manager at Santa's Workshop, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Justinlottes:

Thank you for posting about you visit to Santa's Workshop. We were happy to read that your daughter enjoyed her day. We appreciate that you and your family visited us this season and we look forward to seeing you again.