“Liars!”

Dakoutros Bros J.V.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Beware!! Dakoutros representatives stand by the cable car line in the Fira port and tell people they have a boat leaving for Oia “in ten minutes.” On our trip, many of us waited 40 minutes for departure. Then we waited a long time in the Oia harbor - Ammoudi Bay - to disembark. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS COMPANY’S LIES. I am writing this review as I sit waiting to get off the boat near Oia. You’ve been warned.

4  Thank cielo44
"degrees warmer"
"nea kameni"
"volcano walk"

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Santorini was one of our ports of call on our cruise. Unfortunately, there were 3 other cruise ships there that day. The line for the cable car was long so we decided to purchase an excursion. We were supposed to get ferried from Fira port to Oia port, transported to Oia town, then transported to Fira town. We got to Fira port and had to wait 45 minutes to get off because of traffic (not the companies fault). We were transported to Oia town but the bus from Oia town to Fira town only help 50 people and there were over 100 waiting. There was 1 bus every hour and when it filled up; they said we had to wait for the next one in an hour... with the 100 other people. I was afraid for my life waiting in the crowd of unruly people trying to get back to their ship. After we did not get on the first bus; or the second one an hour later, we begged another tour company to give us a ride back to Fira town.

2  Thank MAX01974
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We bought the « Full day sunset tour » with this company. Although the tour was nice and the guide very interesting, it didn’t start well due to the information we had from the guy at the office. He clearly stated that we had to wait for the bus in order to get to the « new port » but it turned out that he was wrong. We had to be at the bus stop at 9:30am, so we went earlier at 9:15am to make sure we were on time and after realizing that no bus came to pick us up (it was now 10:00), I called the main office. They told us that the bus was there at 9:20am, that they yelled our names, that they called + left 2 voicemails.... turns out none of this happened. I did not get any voicemails from them and the bus never stopped...

We finally ran to the « old port » and got on the boat just right on time. Make sure you have all the RIGHT information from this company before buying anything from them.

The tour was nice, but the client service was horrible.

1  Thank Navigator568476
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Dakoutros Speed Boat was a Terrible experience. Cost us an hour of our precious excursion time in Celebrity. Speed boat went about 6 knots and took 75 minutes one way vs 15 minutes promised.

2  Thank Chad N
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

On our visit to the volcanic island before the sunset cruise, we were left by the tour guide and told to be back on the boat by 5.15pm. I confirmed this individually with the guide prior to looking around. We made it back to the port by 5.08pm to see our boat sail off. Luckily another boat radioed then back.

When we got on the boat the deck hand shook his finger at me and pointed at his watch. I corrected his unjustified telling off, where I got patronised further "it OK my friend".

It was only lucky there were other boats on the port or we may have been stranded on a volcano overnight. Worse still, not a single member of staff apologised for their mistake. Terrible!!

2  Thank Stephen88488

Been to Dakoutros Bros J.V.? Share your experiences!