All reviews pool area bedroom balcony deep pool stunning views bed and breakfast shops restaurants the hotel reception nice pool walking path location is great staff was very friendly and helpful junior suite we loved our stay luxury hotel our honeymoon famous sunset greek
Reviewed 24 July 2018

My husband and I stayed at Nikos Villas for four days in late June of this year. Our reservation was made and confirmed through Expedia. When we arrived at the front desk to check in, the owner, Nikos, searched in his beat up spiral bound notebook for our reservation but couldn't find it. He never said a word about not being able to find the reservation except to ask if I had a voucher. A voucher I asked? What voucher? So, he searched again in his notebook. Here we are standing in a un-airconditioned reception space sweating our butts off while Nikos plays the search and rescue mission. After a while he decided to check in the couple waiting behind us. I don't think we've EVER had a problem like this getting checked in. I got tired of waiting and pulled out our confirmation information printed out before we left the USA. I gave it to Nikos and said here is our confirmation from your hotel that states we have a reservation starting today. Is this confirmation a voucher? Nothing on it says, "voucher." So, Nikos snatches the paperwork from me and proceeds to process our check in. We felt the entire time we were at the hotel for four days that Nikos' needed his personality and customer service skills polishing up and a decent computer with excellent WIFI (even though WIFI on Santorini can be spotty or non existent). Honestly, working from a beat up notebook doesn't work too well for him. He should have had the reservation down on the date the reservation was to start. He was not nice to us throughout our stay while we could see him being super friendly with other guests so I guess it's a hit or miss with him. He is an older guy, gruff speaking and seems to have issues with his Albanian staff. There were several occasions where he was being challenged by one of his Albanian housekeeping staff members. Not a pleasant person in our view.

We did luck out (thank you very much) getting a caldera cave apartment complete with kitchenette, patio and awesome view. Although walking down to the apartment and back up to the top was tough going, especially in the hot humid sunny weather. Tough for old birds like me but I was able to do it.

Two of the Greek staff who manage the front desk in the late afternoons/evenings were nice ladies. One named Irini was very connecting with us and we appreciate that especially after dealing with Nikos.

Our apartment was very pleasant generally, clean, and smelled great. The bed was large and comfortable. We didn't have any ant problems like another reviewer complained about but we had two water leak issues (which we didn't complain about): one leak was coming out of the bottom of the toilet meaning the toilet needed to be replaced and the other larger leak was from a brutal rain storm we got one afternoon. Water came right in through the window facing the patio and pooled on the window sill.

The hotel reception is nicely appointed with old and maybe antique and old photographs. The reception area is connected to the breakfast space in one large room. I thought all of this area was lovely and comfortable. The breakfast food was not too bad in our view and I gorged on Greek yogurt with apricot preserves. Upstairs from the breakfast area is a bar that seems quite nice but no one seemed to work that area or use it. You can walk out from the bar to the pool area.

The pool area was awesome. The pool itself while not huge was certainly spacious enough and very deep which I love. The lounge chairs and umbrellas were great too. At one point I ordered a glass of wine and the kid who worked at the hotel helping with meals and drinks took the drink order, disappeared and never came back with my glass of wine. Odd. How can you forget something like that given no one else was around to order anything from him?

There is one feller who works at the hotel who carries your luggage up and down those many steps on the caldera. He just flings one heavy suitcase over his should and the other he carries in the other hand and literally swiftly walks up and down those many steps without issue. Amazing.

One day we came back to our room late in the afternoon and our room still hadn't been made up. We called reception and two housekeeping staffers (two Albanian women) came and cleaned up the room really quickly. They apologized multiple times and we said it's ok, no big deal. My hubby gave them a large tip and they appreciated that.

Trip Advisor asks reviewers about "How expensive was the hotel" and I checked off "luxury" because the hotel is expensive given it's located just outside Oia. The hotel isn't a luxury hotel. The hotel has a good location on the caldera edge and close to Oia which involves a nice stroll along the main road to town center. Not too shabby for those who don't like a lot of walking in the heat and humidity. Also, nearby the hotel, are two mini markets where you can pick up any supplies you need including alcohol. Near the mini markets there is a bus stop where you can take an air-conditioned bus ride to Fira or Imerovigli. I believe the bus ticket was less than two euros a person. Sorry, I digress. Supposed to be reviewing the hotel. LOL

Room Tip: Get a caldera cave apartment to get that view and private patio.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoozieBee
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Luxury hotel and beautiful view. Suits well couples and honeymooners. Pool is wonderful and rooms are cosy and quiet. Beds could be softer. We bought our breakfast groceries from the minimarket close by.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located at the far end of Oia, which is nice and quiet. The number of tourists can be overwhelming so it was a welcome escape.

The pool deck and a few rooms have excellent views of the sunset over Oia.

The staff was lovely and the room very clean.

Overall it was a good experience, but the below should be noted:
1. The WiFi is terrible. All over the property it’s weak and impossible to even look up locations of Google Maps. This was frustrating.

2. Breakfast is very simple and a little disapointing. A toaster, some local jams, honey (instead of packaged) and olive oil would go a long way!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The location is amazing, specially if you are looking towards the caldera!! However, the hotel in itself its just ok. Breakfast is quite poor. Quality of the room is average. A bit overpriced for what you get.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The staff is excellent and were very helpful/friendly. The location is great for the price (Oia is so expensive in general) and the suite was comfortable (the only thing that left a little to be desired was the shower...it was only a handheld). Very spacious with a small kitchenette, and nice little balcony looking out at stunning views of the caldera. We were in walking distance to many good restaurants and markets. Good breakfast - the basics but nourishing. Nice pool as well. All in all, a great place to stay in Oia! Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Get a caldera view room. you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple