“What I imagined it to be”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Wonderful views from the front porch!
the house overlooks the Aegean straight down
'The cave house itself is very well designed and has a lovely finish!'
'In the 'cave house' the accommodation is both enchanting and comfortable!'
'Maria stocked the kitchen with beverages, fruit, coffee, fresh baked breads/jams!'
a full kitchen
'The bathroom is a mosaic wonder.
'The beautiful bathroom is a wonder in itself with all the mosaic work in it!'
The artistically tiled bathroom!
The dome shaped walls are totally covered with small squares of every color and style imaginable
'Greek Paradise' on Caldera cliff
'Greek Paradise' cave house
The house is located right in town but far enough below the Main Street to be convenient yet private
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
jmg025
Brooklyn, New York
“What I imagined it to be”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

My friends and I decided to get away for a week. We decided upon this Villa from the pictures, and when we got there it was absolutely gorgeous. The view is amazing, the villa is perfectly sized for a small group of people, and the town is what you imagine it to be. It was the off-season, so there wasn't much going on, nor people in the village, but it was a perfect getaway from the city. I definitely want to go back, perhaps try another of villas that Maria runs. She is a great host and makes sure that everything is up to par. I'm looking forward to the next time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CO

Seattle wa
Reviewed 12 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

AshO22884
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cozy Cave House Perfect For Relaxation and Restoration”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Excellent stay in a breathtakingly gorgeous surrounding. The cave house has all the comforts of modern lodging (air conditioning / television / full kitchen) without losing any of the cultural charm and appeal of staying in an actual greek cave house. Maria was excellent to work with, both with communication before I left the States, to keeping us posted on some issues that had popped up with our original rental on the day of our arrival. As a result of some mechanical issues we were rebooked into the Santorini Paradise and were not disappointed. Maria was incredibly attentive to all of our needs and personally coordinated an early morning taxi for us that a) was reliable and b) was discounted which, for travellers getting up at 4:30 am, was a very welcome thing. The cave house is perfectly located in Oia, with spectacular views around every turn. There are fabulous restaurants located within an easy stroll (Red Bicycle, Ochre, and Papagalos are not to be missed) and the streets are breathtakingly beautiful early in the morning before the tourists all arrive in on the cruise ships. We also enjoyed the community feel of the house, as we were able to befriend the travellers renting the houses around us and share in several evenings of conversation over several glasses of wine and plates of local greek snacks. I cannot recommend Maria and her cave houses enough!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Service, location, speedy wi-fi
Liked least: The mattresses weren't the most comfortable but I think that is more a function of the difference between US giant matresses and traditional greek mattresses.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing