Porta do Vento
US$186
US$157
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Dunas de Sal(Santa Maria)
US$121
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Odjo d'agua Hotel(Santa Maria)
US$143
US$135
US$191
US$167
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
VOI Vila do Farol(Santa Maria)
US$158
Melia.com
US$200
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssmall hotelbohemian stylequiet streethotel ownermins walk awaystay there againcleaned every daycamillasalcomplexspiritswind
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Don't let the first sight fool you. This is a much better place than you think.
The location is fantastic. We weren't looking for a nightlife - we were sleeping during the nights and it was very much possible here. Hotel was quiet and the noise of the traffic was small, but it was still only 5 minutes walk from the main streets and clubs. It took about 7 minutes to walk to the beach and pier. Totally perfect for us, allthough the shortest way to the pier was through a scary looking building worksite. It was not dangerous, just scary looking.
We took half board and I didn't regret it. It was definately worth of money and tasteful. I tried several new fish foods and really enjoyed the fact, that I didn't have to run around the city to find a dinner place.
Service was good and personal, and I felt safe all the time.
Room was big and it was cleaned every day. Balcony was nice. Perhaps I missed a place where to dry my clothes, but I survived. There was no airconditioner. We didn't need it either. We had a door to the balcony and fan - it was definately enough. We had occasionally small problems to get warm water, but even the "cold" water is so warm, that we didn't even bother to mention about that.
We could definately come back here againg. Nothing bad to say.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Paula H
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights only. It was rather average regarding cleaning and sleeping comfort but still ok. Good location (close to the city centre), balcony and a very nice lady preparing breakfast for us. Just one thing I did not like was the fact that you have to pay for WiFi access. I could reccomend it for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AgnieszkaAgni
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I stayed at Porta de Vento for a week. The hotel is quiet, clean and 7 min from the beach. Dinners were fabulous and Kamila very helpful.

At the beginning the area surrounding the hotel seemed a bit rough but eventually it grew on me. At the end of my stay i didn't want to leave. St Maria is a beautiful location.

Place to rent a scooter or squad is just around the corner from the hotel and the city centre is 300m away.

There are roughly 5 scuba diving centres. A lot to chose from so I would suggest that you don't pay 2 or even more days upfront. I have always paid at the day when the diving took place after we agreed on the location. However, some of my friends who I met there weren't so lucky and ended up going 6 times to the same dive spot because they had paid for their dives. The centre then blame it on weather conditions and just take them where it suits them....

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We stayed for a week we had pleasant stay Staf are friendly . Lovely blue sea Beach is clean there are few cuisine available .hotel owner camelia it's nice help us a lot during our stay we will definitely strongly recommend to all of readers...Indian team dev

Room Tip: Hotel staff it's very help ful
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

On our arrival some in the group were initially surprised at the location and surroundings of the hotel. However, after settling in and finding the charms of Santa Maria, the fantastic local restaurants and stunning beach within a 5-10 minute walk we were reassured that the hotel was well situated.

The rooms and hotel are very clean and tidy while the incomparable host, Camilla, along with her team, made our stay truly remarkable.

I travel a lot as work in the travel industry as a flight attendant and can honestly say that Camilla really is the perfect host - fun, calm, engaging and accommodating - we would stay there again without hesitation.

For most people a visit to Sal would be for relaxation and recuperation. Porta do Santo revives the spirits as within the hotel the pace is relaxed and service meaningful. Drinks and meals can be taken on the outside seating area - we regularly took our meals at the hotel - be sure to try a Caipirinha here, relax to the subtle music and have your holiday needs anticipated through loving care by Camilla.

Thank you Porta Do Vento for a brilliant week.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family