See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This B&B is very clean. Has 4 large bedrooms all appointed beautifully. I felt safe and had 2 peaceful nights. Other patrons were respectable and we got to know each other over breakfast. The owner, Kelly, is very nice as is her family whom I had the pleasure of meeting. They do not live on the property. If there are any problems, they are a phone call away and live in the same town as the B&B. Lake Harris is in very close proximity and a great place to paddle.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Lovely BnB with a delightful and hospitable host Kelly. She makes you feel like you are part of her home. I gave it 4 stars because if there is a full house, there are 6 BR and only 2 full baths. We shared the home with one other couple so it was not an issue.
But I wanted to explain why I didn't rate it 5 stars.

Room Tip: All were lovely and spacious
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Kelly S, Guest Relations Manager at Hoot Owl Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! I did want to correct that we have 4 bedrooms not 6. Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Just back from my third visit to the Hoot Owl Lodge. I brought my poetry group there for a writing retreat. It was the perfect setting. So easily accessible to the local beach with a wonderful picnic area and the ESF Ecological Center where we took an early morning silent nature walk. Kelly is one of the best hosts in the business. She called me the day before to make sure that we had everything we would need. When we arrived, she had left a lavish afternoon snack of homemade cookies and muffins and possibly the best donuts I have ever tasted. The new continental breakfast approach worked very well for us. A fully stocked fridge of fruit, juice, cream cheese, butter, cereal, Nutri-Grain bars, and a variety of bagels, English muffins and breads made it easy for everyone to take care of their own breakfast needs. And the coffee maker with built in bean grinder perfumed the house with the wonderful aroma of fresh ground coffee. The house itself has so many comfortable features -- two screened in porches, a cozy living room with a handcrafted Adirondack stone fireplace, and comfortable furniture. The house is immaculate but in no way stuffy. From the moment you step on the welcome mat, you enter a lodge where the word welcome is taken seriously. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you Gloria!! I am so happy your group had a great time. See you soon!!