“Great variety of foods.”
Review of Route Seven Diner - CLOSED

Route Seven Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went on a busy Saturday morning for breakfast. The service was prompt and the eggs were done correctly.
Noise level was a bit much though.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

My first visit to the Schenectady/Latham area in 3.5 years. This diner close to my hotel. The French onion soup was great. Had the broiled seafood combo platter - mostly fish, a bit bland, but the 4 scallops were pretty good.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We walked over to this diner from Keeler's to have breakfast while having our cars serviced. Our choices was either here or the nearby McDonald's.....I wish we had chosen McDonald's. The diner's coffee is quite good, but that's about it. My omelette was just OK but my partner did enjoy his blueberry pancakes. My biggest complaint is about our server....she was unfriendly at best and downright rude at worst.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I had not been here in about 10 years. When I was recently back home in the 518, my friend (who loves this spot) suggested coming here for a weekday brunch.

Truth be told, I was always a regular of the '76 diner (down the street from this place) when I was a Capital District resident, but I wanted to try someplace new during my short visit home.

I think it's really cool that this diner was included in the movie "The Place Beyond the Pines." It's a movie I enjoyed and bonus points since a lot of the movie was filmed in my hometown and surrounding cities! Pretty awesome that scenes with Eva Mendes, Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper were all filmed at this very diner. Just some fun trivia!

The decor is quite retro, but this place is kept up well.

So back to brunch with my friend, the diner was quite quiet midweek when we visited. We arrived around noon, we were quickly seated. Our waitress was a friendly lady who was good with checking back on us and making sure our coffee cups were refilled. When friends of 25 years get together, we sit and chit chat for a long time. Our waitress let us sit for 2 hours and didn't rush us out.

I opted for a waffle with fruit, it was tasty. The food here is standard diner fare, but it is good. Coffee was great!

If you love diners, this is a great spot to visit while in the Albany area. The Route 7 Diner sure has a funky vibe to it that you will especially enjoy if you are a diner connoisseur.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. The place is spotless and the service was good. The chicken Caesar salad was excellent, very fresh with chicken hot off the grill.