Amapondo Backpackers Lodge(Port St Johns)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$31
  • Beachfront
Delicious Monster Retreat(Port St Johns)(Great Value!)
US$36
  • Beachfront
US$38
The Lodge on the Beach(Port St Johns)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$45
Jungle Monkey Backpackers(Port St Johns)(Great Value!)
US$23
  • Pool
N`taba River Lodge cc(Port St Johns)
US$113
Book now, pay at stay
US$94
iNtaba River Lodge(Port St Johns)
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hole in the Wall(Coffee Bay)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$121
  • Restaurant
Reviews (1 125)
1 125 results
All reviewssunset cruisefamily holidaywild coastseafood buffetoutdoor showerfish eaglesdining roomriver bungalowscreative cornerout of this worldkids activitieswine listsea facingour honeymoonyoung childrenwhole familysaturday night
74 - 79 of 1 125 reviews
Reviewed 2 February 2018

It would have been better though if there were TVs in rooms, best service from all staff members and delicious meals,captivating environment indeed.Even though I had missed it visiting the cellar in the basement because no one informed us about it during our stay,hopefully, I will get to see it on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeneralManager81, General Manager at Umngazi River Bungalows & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Umngazi Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review I was happy to read how much you had enjoyed your stay with us, sorry to see that you had missed on our cellar it is well worth visiting. I do hope we will get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

From the time that we arrived in this exquisite coastal resort, to the leaving, we were treated in the true friendly, hospitable and professional manner renowned with the Pondoland People. Having travelled extensively throughout the old Transkei, part of my "bucket list" was a visit to Umngazi River Bungallows. The 8 Days spent was unbelievable so much so, that I will be spending a special birthday there with my Family and to have my wife say "it was the best holiday I have ever have had in South Africa" was the cherry on the top. The only downfall was the surplus amount of excellent food. This reminded us of being on a Cruise Liner where 5 meals were served per day. Highly recommended but just not when I am celebrating my weeks birthday,

Stayed: January 2018

Dear Umngazi Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, I was so happy to read that your stay with us had met with all your expectations and that everything had been just as it should have been, I will obviously share this with the Team as a job welldone!

Thank you so much for the support and hope we do get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Stayed here as part of our tour of the wild coast in January 2018. The resort is in a beautiful location and well maintained. Everyone we meet speaks highly of this place, it is the jewel of the wild coast.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we didnt let down our many fans:) Thank you so much for the support and I hope we get to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Stayed here for 1 week in January 2018. Had an amazing time, the beaches are clean and unspoilt. The staff are very accomodating. We went with our 4 year old and there was plenty for him to do. The hikes are amazing. Rooms are clean, food is amazing. Will definitley return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Marlene,

Thank you so much for this wonderful, it was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and the Team look after yours and your family as well as they did, thank you for letting us know!

I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

we spent a week - Monday to Saturday morning, the most relaxing place to recharge your whole life not just your batteries. setting is awesome, rooms are clean and comfy, dinning is great, service is good, walks are spectacular, river cruise was fun,,, everything amaay---zzzing.
will definitely recommend to friends family and acquaintances, and will definitely try to go back soon.

Room Tip: any room will do.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager81, General Manager at Umngazi River Bungalows & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Umngazi Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was great to read how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and now ready for the year ahead. Thank you so much as well for the recommendations and support and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.