Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
View deal
eDreams
Booking.comUS$116
PricelineUS$116
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2020

Beautiful setting and lovely rooms BUT the mouldy smell was huge and completely overwhelming. Other rooms were the same so we couldn't move. I realise there has been an lot of rain but this was definitely mould and it was very strong and terrible. Other than that it is a lovely place. My husband ate the best T-Bone steak he has ever had. My mussel starter couldn't have been any fresher. Apart from the mold smell I would highly recommend it. Take mosquito spray. We didn't and were sorry about it.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2019

Staying for 5 nights at the lodge, we were very well taken care of. Room Flamingo has nice view on the whole lodge and a bathtub in the bathroom.

The food menu was very varied and the cooking was tasty and very good. Breakfast had lots of foods to choose from.

Staff was very kind and helpful.

Internet connexion not always efficient.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
intabariverlodge, Owner at N`taba River Lodge cc, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2019

Hi blazzyblaze,

Thank you for the encouraging comments...our efforts are being recognized.

I do wish to apologize for the erratic quality of the Wi-F. However, I am happy to announce that we have RESOLVED this issue with boosters at strategic points . We are now enjoying uninterrupted , , uncapped and free Wi-Fi.

Do take care
Kind Regards
Bugs

Reviewed 28 May 2019

What a great setting the N'taba River Lodge has. Sadly we arrived after a recent flood which knocked out one of the swimming pools. Otherwise the place was back in service. Lodges were nicely decorated although in need of touching up here and there which I am sure they are attending too. Dinner and breakfast was freshly prepared and served by friendly staff. Happy to return should the occasion arise.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

The view was excellent from the rooms. Moved from the original room due to the damp smell after the rains. Food was also excellent. Great place in an area with limited choice. Ground were neat with friendly staff

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Shaidah S A
Reviewed 5 January 2019

I visited N'taba River Lodge in December 2018 on a special trip and it was lovely. The owners and staff are incredibly hospitable. We had great conversations with them, while they offered us hints & tips on which beaches and restaurants to visit as well as some information about the surrounding nature (specifically the Umzimvubu River and aquatic life in the area).

The units are neat and tidy with sufficient space, though I did feel a little bit claustrophobic at one point because of all the furniture in the rooms. The breakfast is your usual continental breakfast, I would highly recommend having their omelettes. They are a great way to start the day.

Will definitely be back to see the Sardine Run!

Date of stay: December 2018