Reviews (1 311)
1 311 results
1 012
1 012
All reviews view restaurant taste bistro terrace building colonial house mirror lake cookies mountain view cottage restaurant main building sitting area indoor pool bottle of champagne public areas wonderful weekend hot tub beautiful room steam room
14 - 19 of 1 311 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great place for a relaxing get away! My best friend and I stayed at Mirror Lake Inn for a girls weekend and had a lovely time. The staff were warm and friendly, and our room had a cozy fireplace and beautiful view of Mirror Lake. I was a bit under the weather and enjoyed the tea offered in the lobby in the afternoon. The spa was amazing and I had a wonderful massage while my friend enjoyed the hotel pool and hot tub. I can't forget to mention the great dinner we had at the bistro and lunch at the cottage. I will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
MLI, Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for being our guest. We’re glad you had a relaxing getaway with your girlfriends and enjoyed your guest room, the views, afternoon tea, The Spa, dinner in Taste Bistro and lunch at The Cottage. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I had a wonderful opportunity to visit Lake Placid and the Mirror Lake Inn to celebrate our October anniversary. The drive to the Inn from Saratoga area couldn't have been more beautiful with the leaves at peak! Check-in was seamless with great directions as to where to park and enter the building. The room was well appointed. New to us since our last visit was a lovely sitting area near the sliding glass windows. There was also a screen on the window, and since it was 70º it made it nice to have the sliders open. When I made the reservation I was given an opportunity to join the MLI Facebook page and be offered the opportunity to receive a bottle of their house wine. We contacted the front desk once we were in our room, and the wine was brought right to us with two wine glasses. The Inn also very thoughtfully surprised us with a box of yummy, locally made chocolates as a recognition of our anniversary.

Next we headed to one of our favorite spots in Lake Placid, the Cottage, which is a casual restaurant/bar on Mirror Lake, and associated with the MLI. We have enjoyed this spot for years, during all seasons of the year. This time was no different.

Even though we were there only one night, staying at the MLI, made our special day even nicer. The only thing I would do differently in the future is to check ahead when booking to see exactly where our reserved room might be located, especially if we were going to be staying more than one night. We ended up near the closed pool (133), by the side of the building where there were some bushes in the way of the lake view. We probably could have paid a little more to be on a higher floor with the lake view, but ultimately that did not effect our one night stay, as we really weren't planning to spend much time in the room.

Thank you to the staff who provided great customer service, both in the INN and at the Cottage. We really look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: As I mentioned above, if you are staying any length of time want a lake view, check ahead to see where your accommodations might be. :)
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest and Happy Anniversary again. We’re delighted that you enjoyed such a special occasion with us as well as your dining experience at The Cottage. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

If I had a dream of the perfect place to spend a fall weekend it would look exactly like the Mirror Lake Inn. Great customer service, great decor, clean room - such a great atmosphere. Live music both nights we stayed.

Lake Placid town is right next door to hotel - save your marriage and book a weekend here. My marriage is great but if yours isn’t go for it.

One small problem - terrible terrible pillows. Made it hard to sleep comfortably.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest. We’re glad that you enjoyed a beautiful fall weekend here, your guest room, live music, the atmosphere, service by our staff and our close proximity to downtown Lake Placid. We look forward to your next visit and next time just let us know your preference on down or poly fill pillows.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

This place, this place...….. Loved it from the moment we drove up. Our room was fantastic with a lovely little sitting area overlooking the lake. Wish I was staying longer because there were several books in the room that I would have loved to snuggle up with in those overstuffed chairs.
The reception area is beautiful and the dining room is superb for both breakfast and dinner. We also grabbed dinner one night down at the Cottage.
We are from the west coast and will probably never be back this way again. I'll never forget it.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank APennero

Thank you for being our guest. We’re glad that you enjoyed your guest room and dining at The View and The Cottage. We hope you’ll make it back to the east coast to stay with us again in the future. We’re thrilled that you’ll never forget your experience here.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

A beautiful well appointed Inn. The staff were friendly and attentive. We stayed on the 3rd floor. Beautiful view, gardens, and furnishings. Our teenagers enjoyed the huge pool and hot tub. We had cocktails by the fireplace, enjoyed the cookies, loved the classical music playing in our rooms. Easy walk to downtown & to Lake Placid. We look forward to coming back.

Stayed: October 2018
MLI, Manager at Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for being our guest over Columbus Day weekend. We’re glad that you enjoyed your guest room, the views, gardens, pool, jacuzzi, service by our staff and our location with close proximity to downtown Lake Placid. We look forward to your return.