“If you are staying in lake placid for skating...”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen Kitchen
unit #6
Bedroom - unit #1
Bathroom - unit #1
Exterior - East Side
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
freshande...
“If you are staying in lake placid for skating, you can't beat the location.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This unit is an easy walk to skating, beach, Main Street shops. Kitchen appliances are new. The unit is very clean. And it has two bathrooms! The only downside is that the wifi did not work several days we were there. The cleaning people did try to fix it. The first time it went out, they reset it. The second time it went out it did not come back.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DE
Reviewed 9 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

NY
Reviewed 23 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
PA
Reviewed 17 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Summerjen...
Milford
“Not what I expected: similar to a Cave”
Reviewed 30 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

We rented the unit for 3 nights. The unit shows pictures of a very modern condo. Upon arrival, we unlocked the door and had to give it a good, "push" to get in. When entering, we could barely walk in. The living room furniture was blocking the path. We moved one of the, "club" chairs out of the way to get to the bedroom. There are 2" steps everywhere in the house; IN the bedroom to get out and into the kitchen. I can't tell you how many times we tripped over the weekend! The ceilings are so low in the unit, you can touch them standing up with a bent arm. (see pic) The furniture in the living room is so small and uncomfortable. Very cheap. We wanted to sit on the couch and watch the Olympics but ended up not doing that because of discomfort. I can't imagine having 4 people in this unit! No piece of furniture was higher than my knees! The unit is very dark. There's a large window in the living room but you must keep the blinds closed or your neighbors will see in. The window in the kitchen and both bedrooms housed very noisy a/c's and all of the rooms were very dark. There was a coat rack hanging over the back of the couch! Nice for wet raincoats! The kitchen had one window with an a/c in it with extension cords running up and around the cabinets. There is a pendant light hanging over the sink directly in front of your head. So when you go to wash dishes, you hit your head! The bathrooms were ok: very small. In such a small unit, I don't know why they went with 2 bathrooms! The bedrooms; one a queen, the other had two singles. We used the single room for our clothes. There are no dressers. There is a closet in this room that you can actually see the water heater and plumbing. In the queen bedroom, there is cheap shelving stuck on the side wall to hang clothes and/or place folded clothes. It's about 2 feet long. Not sure who did the work on this unit but it was very poorly designed and lacks quality amenities that I would expect in a vacation rental.
In addition, this building is not in the nicest neighborhood. The road is under construction. There is no way we would have walked home at night on this road.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: nothing
Liked least: The uncomfortable living room
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Jul 2012
This review is more than a malicious by a guest who obviously came to the unit with the purpose to write very negative review. This guest ignored our reminders of their required payments and then when they finally made the payment it was way short of the required balance. Only upon our another reminder and warning they made the balance to the full amount. This maybe the reason for such review ...

Now I want to make my response to every one of the guest's complaints:

The door might be a little harder to open but it is very normal after we put the new floors and the new rubber insulation around the door. My 7 years old son opens the door with no problems.

The comment about the "Room furniture blocking the path" is more than ridiculous and I have no comments but "common sense suggestion: "If the chair is on your path simply move it to the place where you like it".

The statement "There are 2" steps everywhere in the house" is a simply said a lie. There is one step coming from the main level to the one of the bedrooms. I can't answer to statement "how many times they trip on that step over the weekend" but I never heard of anybody complaining about it and there are a number of guests in that unit.

The ceiling heights in our units are varying from 8'6" to 7'3". There are few spots where the beams are lower but to call this "a Cave" is insulting. I am 6'6" and honestly I have no issues with the in the apartment.

The furniture is a brand name furniture designed for smaller apartments. Most of the furniture are from IKEA, brand new and very stylish. If somebody doesn't like that style it doesn't mean it is "cheap".

If they close the blinds on the window that is over 6 foot tall and over 70 inches wide the living room might be dark. If they close the blinds then I can't understand the complain that the unit is dark??? If you live in "downtown" then you must be prepared that the you will see the neighbors. Also, one of the bedroom's windows is 64" x 48". It is a very big window. You also have a wonderful view from this apartment that is on the 3rd floor. Kitchen has small window too (typical window over the kitchen sink). But again - if you close the blinds on all of the windows then I can't do anything if you complain: "The unit is dark".

Air conditioners are brand new units bought this summer. They are GE brand air conditioners - and I assume that is the normal noise for them. I haven't seen air conditioner that is completely quiet. At least we have cold air in the apartments during the very hot summer. BUT you must have a negative point to every item you can think of! Sorry that we have air conditioner cables running around the kitchen cabinets. How this affect you and other guests?

The pendant lightning has 2 adjustable screws to raise or lower the height of the lights. So easy to adjust it to your desired height.

"The coat rack is over the couch..." - again, if you don't like the coats being over the little piece of the couch, then please simply move the couch for 1-2 inches and there will be no problem.

The bathrooms are good size (not big - not small). They have all amenities including full showers. To answer on your question why the unit has 2 bathrooms is simple: It is better to have 2 bathrooms than one huge bathroom for unit that has 2 bedrooms.

It is true that we have placed a water heater in the closet - but it is separated by the drywall and some curtains. Very usual practice. Nothing that will anybody ever complained about. I just wonder how that affected you?

Another untrue statement is that there is no dressers in the unit. There is one dresser and we found that it is more than enough.

About your question of who designed the unit I must proudly say that I did design of this and other units and I am very proud of it.

Sorry that the "road was under construction". Why is that affecting my apartment review? I can't stop the town to pave roads because you were staying in it. It is nice neighborhood and town take care of it (obviously - they pave it often). It is on Ironman route and it is maintained nicely. I am pretty sure if the road was not paved you might be complaining that the read was not paved.

I don't know what such a person would expect from the vacation rental and which amenities were absent? In this unit we have the following: all new appliances, granite counter-tops, marble back-splash, new IKEA furniture, wall mounted fireplace, slate stone showers, new floors, new tiles, new beds, new linens, new towels, new bathroom vanities, parking, laundry room, window treatments, air conditioning, baseboard heat, storage rooms in the basement, ...

To rate this apartment with 2 stars is a shame. It is a shame but not on our apartment but it is a shame on the guest and also it is a shame on TripAdvisor /FlipKey of allowing such reviews and preventing the owners to do anything against such malicious attacks from disgruntled guests. What can we do if someone post a review that is full of lies? I couldn't find a way to remove this unfair and malicious review from a guest who is trying to achieve of some kind of "revenge" to honest and fair business that we run. We always acted as it is promised and written on the web site and this guest got their security deposit refund very quickly. Maybe too quickly because this guest's review was posted after the deposit was refunded.

I wish that we as owners can post reviews on the guests but (un)fortunately we can't.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing