“THIS PLACE IS A GEM”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Ranked #48 of 107 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Description: Our goal at Taverna is to bring traditionally inspired, modern Mediterranean food to our guests and to support our local economy. We do our best to source ingredients from regional farmers and purveyors, and compliment them with carefully curated imports. It helps us to realize our vision of creating beautiful Mediterranean flavors, showcases the most vibrant foods, and gives our guests the truest Adirondack dining experience. Our food is prepared in a coastal Mediterranean style. Celebrating cuisine from Spain, France, Italy and Greece in a casual tavern atmosphere. Happy Hour Daily from 5-7PM All Night Happy Hour on Monday. Visit our Facebook Page to find out about our Trivia Nights and Chef's Table Events.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A meal at Taverna is a MUST for those visiting Lake Placid. Located just off of Main Street, they offer the best Mediterranean/Greek food, cooked to perfection. Pro tip: ask Sasha to mix you a drink— you won’t regret it.

Louis I, Owner at Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We very much enjoyed our meals. Chef obviously takes great pride in creating unique and tasty entres. Service was excellent, very attentive.

Louis I, Owner at Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us! It was a pleasure to cook for you!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Went to the Taverna during a stay in Lake Placid after seeing the write up in TA. Wanted some thing off the beaten path with a menu selection that was not a repeat of the place next door. Found the Taverna, a diamond in the rough. Got there just at opening time and was promptly seated. Sasha, our waitress, gave us a full rundown of the beer selection and how they compared to the ones we were familiar with. We were looking at the "small dish" selection verses the full entrée as had a late lunch and did not need a full meal. I had read about the grilled octopus and knew I had to try it. Fantastic best describes it. Tender and tasty to say the least. The grilling gives a savory accent to the flavor of the octopus, but does not dry out or toughen the meat. You can cut it with a fork. I chose the confit duck thigh and a small Greek salad to finish my order. My wife chose the shrimp with zucchini noodles in sauce and was extremely happy with that choice. Large shrimp and a mound of zucchini noodles in a sauce that she described as "heavenly". Had we been elsewhere she said she would have licked the bowl. My duck was tender and had great flavor. It made me wish it was an ostrich and not a duck size leg. Lou, the owner and chef came to our table and inquired as to our satisfaction with the meal. A very friendly and personable individual who rose up through the ranks having worked at the restaurant when it was Mykonos. He takes great pride in creating a fine dining experience for his customers and it shows in the final product. Both my wife and I regret having to leave the area as there were many other items we would loved to have tried. Take the short walk back up 86 from Main Street and enjoy a really great dining experience unlike any other Lake Placid restaurant. Lou will treat you right.

Louis I, Owner at Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you so much for dining with us and for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We hope to see you next time you're in Lake Placid!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

If this restaurant with bar were on the Main Street, it would be mobbed because of the just the apps , and "small plates". The shrimp and the octopus with salsa , alone are worth a visit

Louis I, Owner at Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the food :)

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Havent ate here since it was Mykonos so decided to get a gyro and try it!! It was so good they make traditional greek food and amazing gyro the best in town! The only place where you won’t get frozen lamb meat!! Excellent!! I recommend.

Louis I, Owner at Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thanks for recommending us! We really appreciate it!!!