Reviews (1 476)
1 476 results
All reviews dancing bear high peaks waterfront collection waterfront room mirror lake main building rain shower paddle boats in town glass of champagne bathroom door outdoor pool walk in shower hotel restaurant nice bathroom free kayaks front desk staff
5 - 10 of 1 476 reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I have stayed at High Peaks several times. The hotel's location allows one to easily navigate the town on foot. Other reasons that I have made return visits are that the rooms were neat, clean, and roomy while the staff was friendly and efficient. Since my visits have been during the winter, the free garage parking has been an asset. Breakfasts in the restaurant are excellent; however, I have not eaten dinner there so I cannot comment about that. I have only one small disappointment, which is the small size of the indoor pool. Having said that I still look forward to my next visit.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 25 October 2018

The hotel is old and not very well maintained. However, its good location, large private and public areas, and atmosphere compensate. Most rooms have very limited viewing possibility. Bed mattress is too soft!!! No safe in the room!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Okay, friends! Let's talk about this AMAZING space! This is my second time visiting and Eric helped me plan my stay this time around for my partners 31st birthday! I was moved and blown away by Eric's professionalism and dedication to helping me find the perfect space for our extended weekend away. To say he was beyond patient, helpful and caring is a MAJOR understatement. He was INCREDIBLE!! The views and customer service this space offers is outstanding. Both me and my partner travel extensively globally and we have yet to find a place that welcomes up with warmth, authenticity and deep care in the same way High Peaks Resort does. We are clients for life and will be returning again and again. Thanks High Peaks for being an essential part of our memory making! - With love and gratitude, JB

P.S. Promote Erie because he is legit the bomb.com and a hospitality wizard. Just sayin'! And people booking... ask for him. You won't regret it!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

This place used to be AMAZING, but something has slipped. The pool and hot tubs are "meh" at best. Rooms are nice - get one with a view if possible. Staff is nice. It is a larger resort. The restaurant is so/so - used to have great happy hour specials - not anymore. There is a smaller motel version across the street and one on the water that I would try over the big main building.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2018

We are impressed by High Peaks' friendly front desk and custom service. Unaware our iPad was left in the room, we checked out in the morning. In late afternoon we returned with a hope to locate the iPad, but the clean lady said nothing was found in the room. However the front desk was very helpful to suggest various approaches, including locking the device remotely and registering it at the lost/found website. The hotel manager also promptly return our calls the next day and followed up to locate the iPad magically. Thanks to Ryan (front desk) and the Lisa Lester (hotel manager) we received our iPad in the mail within 5 days.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple