All reviews palm trees guest house true oasis peaceful environment the owner local guide nice stay rooms are clean thank you so much luggage road terrace tinghir marrakech dinner hosts village
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

The hospitality was amazing and the food was excellent. Beautiful place is close to Todghra Gorge and right behind the Guesthouse is the Palmerie to go for a relaxing walk. Thank you so much for wonderful stay Rachid and our chef Jawad. Hope to see you again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017

It's placed in LAOS at Tad Lo village/waterfall. please move to the propper Location as it will help nobody here, neither somebody looking up a guesthous in Magreb, nor somebody looking for a guesthous in Tad Lo. OK, 200char reached ^^.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank gernotalmen
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Palmeraie Guesthouse - Tinerhir and Todra Gorge, High Atlas Mountains Morocco.

I booked 4 nights at this charming guesthouse on the recommendation of a Canadian friend. It was an authentic and enjoyable experience.
Rachid met my Supr@tour bus from Marrakech, and kindly took me to a bank machine and then to purchase my return bus ticket before driving to the Guesthouse nearby. I was warmly welcomed with Moroccan tea and shown to my cosy room with ensuite.
Dinner that evening was a delicious soup, and a selection of local olives followed by Gowad's tagine and a fruit plate for dessert. A wood burning stove made for a cosy atmosphere.
After the meal, I was given a tour of the common areas: the tastefully and traditionally decorated lounges and terraces. The following morning I was served breakfast on the sunny roof terrace, drinking exceptionally good Moroccan coffee in an "Arabian Nights" setting, serenaded by a chorus of birdsong.
Rachid drove me into nearby Tinerhir to visit the massive weekly Monday souk. It was a feast for the senses. We tasted tea, oranges, dates and ginger conserve as we strolled amid the various vendors to the sounds of goats, sheep, donkeys and roosters.
Afterwards, we walked through the former Jewish quarter which is now under renovation, and then through the small independent souks where Rachid tracked down a small souvenir Moroccan flag for me and I purchased silver filigree earrings. We visited a Berber rug gallery, made a stop at the bakery, then enjoyed a cappuccino before heading back to the Palmeraie. That afternoon I shadowed Gowad in the kitchen as he prepared Moroccan couscous. Dinner was beautifully presented and delicious. More yummy olives!
Next morning a local guide took me on a trek to the Todra Gorge. We walked along the river, the irrigation canals, and the community gardens through forests of flowering almond trees and date palms. The sounds of the birds, the irrigation canals and the river made for a meditative trek.
Six hours later I was back at the guesthouse enjoying Moroccan tea, reading on the terrace and soaking up the sun.
Rachid appeared and offered to drive me out past the Todra Gorge to see the Berber villages. Dinner that night was a traditional salad of fresh vegetables, chopped egg and olives, BBQ turkey brochettes with pommes frites. Tea, fruit and sweets for dessert. I watched a bit of BBC TV in the reception lounge before turning in.
Day 3 found me climbing the steep 300 m mountain trail behind the Gorge to visit a Nomadic Berber family camp. My guide and I were served sweet tea and fresh bread as we relaxed in the sunshine. Three hours later, Rachid met us in the village at the base of the mountain for the drive home. He was very generous to drive me about.
Back at the guesthouse, I drank tea and snacked on nuts on the terrace before dinner - a delicious "southern" tagine, beautifully presented.
Rachid drove me to the bus station after breakfast the next day, and kindly waited with me, for which, as a foreign woman travelling alone, I was extremely grateful. I enthusiastically recommend the Palmeraie Guesthouse, not just for the comfort and delicious meals, but also for the superb hospitality.
Peggy MacDonald
Nova Scotia, Canada

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Peggymac1
Reviewed 23 December 2016

This guesthouse is very comfortable and relaxing. We stayed here on a car trip through the Atlas Mountains before going to see Todra Gorge. The setting is lovely with palms all around. Raashid was a wonderful host. A traditional Berber dinner was fantastic as was the breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. In the morning Jack the Donkey transported our luggage up the hill to where our car was parked.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ljanatop
Reviewed 8 November 2016

We had a great time staying at the Palmeraie Guesthouse, in between visiting the Dades Gorge and the Todra Gorge. The staff were so welcoming and it was especially nice to have an unexpected mug of Yorkshire tea with the owner. The location is very beautiful and peaceful, ideally located for visiting the Todra Gorge. The place had a real family feel about it and the dinner we had was really the best food we had in Morocco - thank you so much!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple