Reviews (1 382)
1 382 results
All reviewsvulture feedingquiet poolair conafrican queenrefurbished roomgreen mambaarch toursswim up barhotel groundsthomas cooksenegambia beachtennis courtsrooms are basicmonitor lizardstravel kettlepizza restaurantexchange rate
25 - 30 of 1 382 reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Senegambia hotel first week in March and had a great time.
The room was basic and after the initial shock was very clean and just a base for our week in the sun.
The air conditioning was excellent and lots of hot water for the shower with the odd electrical failure but only for a few seconds.
We were on the B&B package like most people and the breakfast area is inside,outside very clean and the choice was very good with all the items required for a full English breakfast and omelettes also cooked to order.
Cold meats,cheese,cucumber and tomatoes to pick from and choice of bread and rolls.
Two toasters to use with Jam,fresh honey and peanut butter available.
Fresh cooked pancakes with maple syrup and chocolate sauce.
Fresh fruit,cereals,yogurt and some cakes too.
Help yourself tea and coffee.
More than a adequate breakfast for anyone.
The pools were very good and the beach area had plenty of beds to relax on.
Waiter service if you wanted or a short stroll to the beach bar across the hot sand.
Food available was very nice and reasonable priced food and drinks.
The weather was superb with a nice cool breeze on the beach front which was a great help to keep cool.
We walked both ways along the beach for a few miles during our stay which we really enjoyed and the people are very friendly.
We see the boats bring in fish and picked up lots of beautiful shells for the grandchildren along the way.
The hotel had very good facilities and good evening entertainment every night we were there.
The vultures were fed every day at 11.30 am and the monkeys were always about.
The shops above the restaurant in the hotel were also good quality if you needed anything.
We had a great time at this hotel and will return on our next visit as it is very close to everything and all the restaurants and bars in the evening when you go out are on your doorstep.
Reception was quick to sort any problems and when we asked for the beach towels they were at our room when we got back a few minutes later.
We will hopefully be back in a few years time for some winter sun.
Well done all at The Senegambia Hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin1962060
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I joined a group going to this resort for 7 days and was dreading it.......

This not a five or four star hotel - more like an African Bultins Resort.

I loved the place and had a fantastic time.

When I arrived I was given a room that was a 10-15minute walk from the reception
and entrance. It was near the pool and beach which made my holiday. I had no issue
getting my 10,000 steps in each day.

The reception area, restaurant, grounds, 2 pool areas, volley ball area and beach are well maintained and very clean. This is not for everyone but the resort organised lots of activities around the 2 pools during the day and evening.

I felt that the little things and attention to detail were overlooked, especially
when it came to my room. Things like - cracked sink, safe not working, main door
difficult to open/close, unfinished tiling and cupboard doors that did not close and no kettle.

During our stay had many power cuts and pleased I had a torch.

Reception staff were very process lead and struggled to deal with matters that did not have a process for them to follow.

For such a large resort surprised to learn that credit and debit cards are not accepted - only local currency as payment which made life interesting when settling the final bill.

Despite all the "little things" I had a fantastic time and really enjoyed my time at this
resort. All the staff were very helpful and friendly - willing to go the extra mile in
all cases. The drinks and food was fairly priced and excellent quality overall.

The breakfast was great and had chance to eat with the local monkeys too ! Lots of corouful birds and vultures too !

The resort entrance is on the start of "Strip" which made our evenings very colourful with the wonderful bars and restaurants available.

I can see how this place can get so much negative feedback - but for me I had a fantastic 7 days and I will be back !

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank greenleader1984
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Once again we have experienced a superb holiday at Senegambia Beach.
As always the staff are all great at their individual jobs, Jarra at the beach pool is simply the best.
Our only ongoing moan is that you still have to pay for your roomsafe.
With the continued programme of refurbishing rooms,& now with a totally redesigned
quiet pool, the hotel is BETTER THAN EVER.

Room Tip: Pay for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alan g
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed mid March in a standard room, bed and breakfast. The stay was great from start to finish.

The staff were all friendly and attentive.

The room was relatively small but clean and comfortable. The towels were changed daily and the room cleaned daily. There is aircon included (which you need!) and a tv with limited channels. The safe in the room costs extra (about £15 for the week).

Breakfast is great. A combination of everything that you would expect from a holiday breakfast buffet plus local specials that rotate daily. We highly recommend the juices and jams made from the baobabs and wonjo.

2 pools, one relaxing near the main reception area and a more active one on the beach front with a swim up bar.

The food in the snack bar is as good as anything that you’ll get from the local restaurants, and extremely reasonably priced.

The location is great, within seconds of the entrance there is a plethora of local restaurants and bars.

The hotel is set in a lot of grounds which you can see vultures being fed daily, as well as a guided bird watching walk.

There are lots of monkeys roaming the grounds too!

Can’t wait to get back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeamHF
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Staff are absolutely wonderful, very friendly, nothing to much trouble. Where ever you are there are staff working hard in such high temperatures. We stayed in G block good location, standard room was great and well cleaned each day. Breakfast each morning was fantastic, good choice and great to watch the Monkeys and Egrets waiting for a quick grab at anything they can get. Gardens are absolutely amazing, so much work goes into keeping them so good. Pool areas are great. Oasis bar food is better than most of what we had in the "Strip". We went for a birding holiday and booked the guides on site, not the Thomas Cook ones as we wanted birding specialists which we got. Tijan our guide was incredible and made our trips out so memorable. Four trips with him and one with another guide also amazing Abba gave us sightings of 146 new species of birds we have never seen. No rush on the trips either which was so good. My big MOAN was yesterday, check out 12 oclock, and was told could leave cases etc by reception which we did. We enquired a couple of days ago about having a shower and they said check on the morning you leave same as many other guests we did and they said no problem. Errrr yes a big problem :( no enough rooms available for those departing to have a shower. I had a wash down in the toilet block by reception, some went down to the pool showers and used them, men used the mens toilet blocks also. Thomas Cook you know this is a big problem, sort it please, you have a desk right by the reception area go and ask them what have they arranged for your guests. But we will be back for a longer holiday and will cope more with all the begging which drives you mad. If the local businesses will listen to the tourists, leave us alone and we will buy more, but harrasing us as they do makes us walk away, we did. I used the Top Shop in the hotel which was brilliant and no one bothered me while making my choice of presents. Well done to the management for the hotel facilities and staff but please sort out late check outs.

Room Tip: Stayed in G block with very quiet neighbours like ourselves, so made it relaxing any time of the day.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple