My wife and I stayed last weekend in Lake George and decided to stay here.
This place is a few mile away the downtown area. The view from the place is beautiful and overlooks the lake. No real views from your room however but that's okay.
The grounds and the pool is nicely kept.
The staff courteious and attnetive.
There were two negatives that could be easily corrected.
1. The faucet handles in the shower/bath really leaked when in use. Not some drip, drip, drip either. The housekeeping staff should have reported this. It pains me to even say anything but I did to the front desk at checkout. We only stayed one night or I would have brought it up that morning.
2. The other was most annoying. The buffet or brunch was a disappointment. The food in the warming pans seemed well prepared and presented but basically just warmer than room temperature. The positive was the omelette station with a nice cook at the station. He seemed a little inexperienced with those portable gas burner units but they are pretty foolproof. The food he perpared was tasty and hot. This was the only positive to the hopt foods presented.
3. The sever seemed like some colledge or his school student. First when we ordered our and hot tea, she came back with the coffee and hot tea kettle but no coffee cup for the tea. We had to point this out but instead of going back to the kitchen, she proceeded to go over to the other table and take their order. At the time of our bill, the server brings the bill over to us without a pen to sign the bill. Now I'm annoyed so we both get up and go grab a pen myself and sign the bill. I have always tipped 20% or more but just barely gave her 10%. Better training would go a long way and there should be a manager or somebody to make sure hot food are in those warming pans.
When we went to town, we grabbed some hot to snack on.
The place was nice but those little things were annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family resort on the southeast side of Lake George. Formerly known as Dunham's Bay Lodge. Renovated in 2007 with new carpeting, flat screen TVs, new mattresses and the new View Restaurant. We are open year round! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Dunham's Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunham`s Bay Hotel Lake George