“"One of the best Jamaican spots in NY"”
Review of The Door

The Door
Ranked #1 of 427 Restaurants in Jamaica
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The oxtail is by far the best tasting dish you can order. It is absolutely amazing and consistent a must try. The soups are excellent, the red pea soup is the most authentic I've had in decades. Overall a good eat. You have to try their Thursday or Sunday buffet specials. Its authentic caribbean food.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Went to the Door for my hubby’s birthday. The wait was not long, and the service and food was great.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This hidden gem is a short distance from JFK airport so we decided to stop in for breakfast/brunch after picking up my daughter. She had been there a couple of times before and recommended it. We were shown to a booth immediately after entering. I ordered the Saltfish with a coconut sauce, my wife ordered the callaloo omelet. We enjoyed it. There is ample parking and atmosphere is nice and bathrooms clean.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch and had to wait for a about 15 mins to be seated. It was not that busy. Its a fine dining casual restaurant. Was noisy. After being seated had to wait awhile for a server, ended up requesting one. The male Waiter was very nice and friendly. We ordered the curry goat with plain rice and peas and rice. The snapper filet my friend ordered was delicious and the curry goat. Carrot lime juice was very tasty. A surprise birthday singing at the end surprised my husband with a slice of cake. Will definitely recommend this restaurant. But hope they improve on there service.

1  Thank zest4fun
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying one night at the Sleep Inn for an early morning flight out of JFK. We went to The Door for dinner. Exceptional! Very authentic flavors. We had the roasted red snapper with a delicious spicy-but not too spicy sauce. Can’t say enough good things about this place. Great service. Great food.