“My favorite Indian Restaurant”

Sangam Indian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 287 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian cuisine. Serving since 1983. Daily lunch buffet, Dine in,Take out, Delivery and catering from 50 to 1000 people. large selection of dairy free, gluten free and vegan dishes on the menu.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Pleasant service, delicious food, beautiful Indian music, a window seat to people-watch. What's not to like? This restaurant is right by Cornell U Campus. The semester had ended and business slowed, so the owner had time to come over and talk with me and offered me a complimentary Chai tea for my ride home. Hey wait...I already feel at home!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I've been visiting Sangam for over 20 years and in that time they have had consistently excellent food. The lunch buffet is a great choice for those who don't know what they like and want to explore their options. My favorites are the veggie korma and the onion bhujia (no one else is town has bhujia). The staff are friendly and welcoming. And the food has me addicted, I'd eat there every day if I could afford it.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Sangam has been in place for at least thirty years. Many other restaurants in College Town turn over, but not this one due to wonderful menu, consistency, and quality. We were a group of three, all with good experience with Indian food both here in the US and in India: this place is quite good against all measures. The more unusual aspect to Sangam is its expansive menu, not really what one would expect. Suggest you examine menu online to evaluate its breadth.
As for appetizers, we chose Chicken Pakora, Meat Samosa, Samosa Chat, and a selection of four types of Naan, excellent but too much for the three of us.
For the entree, beef curry, lamb sagwala, and chicken Tikka Masala.
All the food was excellent with plenty to take home in a doggy bag.
BTW, the bottled beer was quite good, but the mango lassi was out of this world. Please give this place a try; we certainly will go back!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Last night I had Poori, Matar Paneer, Mixed Pickle, Rice (of course), and a large Kingfisher. Everything was perfect. When I was offered the option of having my entree mild, medium, or hot I reluctantly asked for 'medium-to-hot.' They managed to get the heat spot on for my tastes.

I occasionally eat at another Indian restaurant because it's more conveniently located. In my opinion, that's a mistake.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We celebrate the end of the week by getting take away at Sangam. The hostess is always warm and welcoming. Our new favorite is Alloo Tikka Chaat , the non vegetarian apps and the moist and tender tandori chicken.