“Catskill Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Cozy Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
michael G...
“Catskill Getaway”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Mike O. did a wonderful job with this cottage. Very nicely furnished and equipped, not to mention stocked. It was gorgeous and clean. The amenities were spot on. He has done an amazing job decorating and furnishing the place with numerous charming and creative touches (e.g. the ski pole curtain rods and snow board bench). The only exception was the WiFi; I was able to connect to the network, but the connection was weak and slow, effectively useless. Mike was generally available by phone during the visit and I never reached out regarding the wifi issue. Fortunately, it was a good time for me to disconnect, so I didn't attempt seeing if he could do anything about it.
With all respect, he short changes the property by not mentioning the firepit outside in the yard. (It's to the right of the cottage not visible in the photo.) For me and my wife, that was all we needed for nightlife. We bought firewood and drank wine, beer, and smoked cigars. listening to music under the incredible night sky. There's also a 2nd grill on the deck, so you have a choice of gas or charcoal grilling. He really won me over with the acoustic guitar in the 2nd bedroom since I opted to leave mine home.
Don't miss hiking to Kaaterskill Falls (2 miles away) and American Glory BBQ in Tannersville. A half mile hike to real nice falls and a short drive to awesome smoked protein and an extensive Bourbon selection. (Leave the Vegans at the Buddhist retreat!)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing