Open today: 09:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Great Covid protocols, Okay skiing

We spent 7 days skiing over the holidays at Hunter Mountain. The staff were great. The people... read more

Reviewed 14 January 2021
tms221
Jersey City, New Jersey
Bad customer service. Nobody answers when you call!

Reviewed 25 January 2021
KHaller31

Recommended experiences in and around Hunter
from US$2 917,20
More Info
All reviews chair lift mid week ski lift sky ride great mountain belt parkway ski school snow conditions the east coast fire tower new york city zip lining ski area snow making fall foliage rip van winkle mid mountain
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Hunter mountain was so much fun! I usually ski in VT but my parents live in Saugerties so I started skying at Hunter Mountain instead to make a round trip. I would love to rate Hunter with 5 stars but I’m now very frustrated! When Hunter Mountain closed early for the season last year due to Covid, it left 2 trips unused on my Epic Pass. When I called last summer to confirm that they will honor my remaining trips this year, the Epic Pass people did not know and referred me to Hunter Mountain. When I called the mountain, it just rang and rang. Even now, the Epic Pass people still don’t know and NOBODY answers at the mountain! I’ve called several times on different dates! I’m getting very frustrated and it seems like this resort has very poor customer service. I just want to use what I already paid for! Please let me know or I WONT be back. I promise.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank KHaller31
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

My skis were STOLEN from a rack by the main entrance. I stepped 20 feet away to change out of my boots, came back 3 minutes later, and the skis were gone. Apparently Hunter has a major theft problem, as indicated by the other comments here. And yet it still has no cameras and has apparently taken no steps to address the issue.

This came after a day of lousy skiing in icy conditions on an overcrowded mountain. Won’t be back to Hunter, even with replacement skis.

3  Thank Figman5000
Reviewed 23 January 2021

Skiied here over MLK weekend and the lift lines were 30-50 minutes at the big base lifts. Even the smaller lifts on the North side could be a 10-20 minute wait. We had one decent ski day when it snowed. The other two were terrible. The slopes were so thin and crowded, several of us (expert skiiers) were plowed into, run off the mountain by out of control skiiers and snow boarders. The slopes were also extremely icy, did not seem to be groomed at all and many slopes were closed, despite there being seemingly ample snow. It did NOT appear that snow was being blown at night. It also snowed overnight all days we were there and the slopes were still completely icy. Would NOT recommend.

Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Not covid safe. The management of Hunter mountain doesn’t take covid seriously. Today on our visit we got on the shuttle bus and both times people weren’t wearing masks - nor were they asked to. We saw customers inside the indoor food areas not wearing masks. The lift lines, being outdoors, are less on an issue but again nobody was even trying to enforce distancing or mask wearing. It’s not fair for those who are trying to live by the rules for everyone’s safety and well-being. This is after making such a fuss about implementing a painful reservation system for ‘everyone’s safety’. The most annoying observation is that no Hunter/Vail employee was trying to get anyone to follow these rules. If people wouldn’t do as asked that’s one thing but it appeared like the employees couldn’t care less and just turned a blind eye.

Having gone to other Vail Resorts locations in VT (Okemo, Stowe) who had got it right it was so disappointing to see the nearest location to NYC acting so carelessly.

5  Thank m_james_s
Reviewed 14 January 2021

Me and my friends have been skiing hunter mountain for years now. It has always been great up until vail bought them out. Once vail bought hunter, it became a big corporation and the skiing vibe and feeling was lost. They only care about making the most amount of money and not about the customer satisfaction. I'm just going to list all the terrible things that have ben happening with hunter mountain in the last year. First, you have to make a reservation even if you are a season pass holder. So you cant just go when you want which is why you get the pass. Second, the reservation system does not work well because when I went to hunter after reserving, they said I didn't have a reservation as well as a bunch of other season pass holders. We all made reservations but for some reason it didn't log in the system and some just left and others had to wait in line for an hour just to confirm a reservation for a season pass! Secondly, they don't allow any customers, EXCEPT ski patrol, to wear a bag up the lift. My bag as well as ALL other ski bags are strapped on and can't be taken on and off easily. They stopped the lift many times just because people couldn't get their bags off which aren't suppose to come off! Thirdly, last week, January 9th, Ski patrol went on strike because vail tried to take away their employee benefits! The mountain closed for 3 days and season pass holders were given nothing. Hunter mountain used to be a great mountain but vail has totally ruined it as well as all the other mountains they bought out. I will not be giving my business to them any more because they have ruined my skiing experience for me, my family and my friends.

2  Thank Jay1234512345