Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Maya

Wonderful place to stay!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 02 Nov 2021
My husband and I found this great, comfortable and reasonably priced bush camp for our safari in South Luangwa. It's conveniently located near the town, but tucked away next to a beautiful lagoon. Although there was not much water, due to it being dry season, there were plenty of wild animals grazing just in front of the camp. The staff was excellent and friendly, the tented chalets were cozy with excellent views of the lagoon area, and our safari guide was wonderful. If you want to have a great experience in South Luangwa for a great price, go to Pelican Lagoon Bushcamp!
Date of stay: October 2021
Multiple ways to pay
    3.3 km from Pelican Lagoon Bushcamp: Chalets and Campsite
    Free Wifi
    View more hotels in South Luangwa National Park
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 2 November 2021

If you are looking for a reasonably priced safari experience in Zambia, this your place. Francis the camp host took friendly/excellent care of us. The food was very tasty with vegetarian options. Our tent was very comfortable with bed, mosquito net, fan, lights, bathroom and a beautiful view of the lagoon. Rowan our safari guide was very knowledgeable and accommodating. He was relentless in locating the elusive pack of 22 wild dogs and so many other fabulous animals. We saw elephants, antelope, buffalo, and beautiful birds in the lagoon as we enjoyed our meals. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2021
    Reviewed 19 July 2021

I loved this place. They offered a great special rate and the tent was super comfortable with everything I needed such as charging facilities, water, free laundry service and just a wonderful doorstep view (amazing birdlife). The bed was big and really comfortable. The outdoor bathroom was lovely and spacious and had plenty of solar-heated hot water. The staff running the camp couldn’t have been more attentive and I very much enjoyed the local menu - there was lots of it too. Food was hot and nicely presented and there was a variety of drinks available at the bar. Francis was in charge and did an wonderful job as host. The game drives were excellent with a super guide, Rowin, who knows the park very well and really does know thoroughly his fauna and flora facts. Morning and night drives were available daily, if requested, although there was enough on the lagoon to spend a long afternoon bird, baboon, elephant, hippo, bushbuck, baboon and croc watching. I’ll definitely go back.

Room tip: I was in the end tent, to the far left facing the lagoon - very private.
    Date of stay: July 2021
    Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

I cannot recommend Pelican Lagoon Bush Camp highly enough. I stayed for 3 days on the all inclusive international menu, and had 4 game drives. It is a small lodge, only 6 tents which ensures you get a very personal special time spent here.

The camp is run by Francis, chef Issac, Rouwin, safari guide and Zac the spotter, and all around helper, these 4 guys made my stay something very very special. Their attention to detail in everything they do, their hospitality and warmth made me feel like I was at home, they looked after me from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.

The location is not inside the park but this did not matter, the camp is set right on the lagoon, which is full of hippos, baboons are all around, I was lucky enough to see elephants just across the lagoon. The location is also perfect, as you can see sunrise and sunset from the deck.

Francis runs the camp, and his attention to detail, kindness and helpfulness knows no bounds, nothing is too much trouble for him, his generosity knows no bounds.

The accommodation is perfect, spotlessly clean, it’s a new lodge so the bedding and towels are great, soft and fresh, the bed is very comfortable and the tents are a good size with outside bathrooms. They will also do laundry for you.

The food is exceptional, definitely a 5 star rating any top hotel would be proud to have Chef Issac, 3 meals a day plus snacks on the morning game drive, afternoon tea, and snacks again in the evening drive.
    2 courses for lunch, 3 courses for dinner. Chef Issac makes all the bread, cakes, biscuits and scones himself, all of which just melt in your mouth.

Rouwin and Zac are great at spotting animals, and their knowledge, not just about the animals but also about the park, the birds, flowers and fauna is truly amazing. Just tell Rouwin what you want to see and he will find it for you, he knows the park so well and is quite happy driving around and around.

The team did a special treat for me which was a surprise and it literally brought me to tears I was so overwhelmed by their generosity, thoughtfulness and kindness

All the team, Francis, Rouwin, Chef Issac and Zac were amazing they certainly do this lodge proud, there is absolutely nothing I could complain about or make recommendations to improve.
    This place is one of the best I ever stayed in, and I have travelled extensively around the world

Thank you so very much, Francis, Rouwin, Issac and Zac, my new family in South Luangwa I will never forget you and how you made me feel so very welcome with your kindness and warmth
    You are a truly amazing, awesome wonderful team, and I was truly blessed and honoured to spend time with you ❤️

Date of stay: May 2021
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    1  Thank carolinetL3693VR
    Warin Harrison, Owner at Pelican Lagoon Bushcamp: Chalets and Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2021

I am very glad you had such a wonderful time. Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 9 February 2021

I had heard abut Pelican Lagoon and always wanted to visit. When a last minute trip to the Eastern part of Zambia came up, I instantly booked Pelican Lagoon.

Firstly, thank you to so much to the owner Rin who was so accommodating and let me book with ease on the day I checked in. Once I arrived, I was met by Francis who basically manages the whole place with a big smile and a cool towel which was lovely after hours on the road.

It was just after sunset when we arrived and immediately we saw two hippos in the lagoon in front of the deck playing in the water. Wow already!

My tented chalet was comfortable with an outside shower and toilet with hot water and was extremely clean.

A huge thank you also to Isaac the chef who made my vegetarian meals to perfection! It was a lovely stay and I can't wait to visit again. Also, the game viewing in South Luangwa National Park which is a short 5mins drive away from Pelican Lagoon is excellent and can the bush camp does offer it as an activity.

Date of stay: January 2021
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Reviewed 9 February 2021

Was a great stay with amazing staff and the best food I’ve had at any safari across Africa. The tents are very safe and comfortable and there is a good chance of viewing big game from your rooms all year round.

Date of stay: January 2021