Kupferquelle Resort
  • Breakfast included
Minen Hotel(Tsumeb)
La Rochelle(Tsumeb)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdros restaurantolympic size swimming poolone nightsmall shopself cateringan oasisthe main roadon sitereception stafflaundry roomablution facilitieswine cellarluxurious roomsshower and toiletlarge treeslunch or dinnerbeautiful town
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The Kupferquelle is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are spectacular. The accommodation on its own is worth 5stars, but unfortunately the restaurant is horrible. The Dros restaurant that is catering for the guests left a sour taste in my mouth. The food is bad and even undercooked at times. Let me not start on their poor service. I would rather book a self-catering unit next time to avoid Dros. The resort also has campsites and an Olympic size pool. The place is awesome and safe.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

To our surprise, this turned out to be by far the best accomodation of our entire trip. Advertised as just three star, to us it easily deserved four.

Brand new, spacious rooms built to a very high standard, right in the Botanical Garden. Even the standard rooms well exceeded the quality experienced elsewhere in four star accomodations in Namibia.
The Olympic size swimming pool was an excellent additional asset that we highly recommend.

The attached restaurant was not exactly our style but certainly a convenient and comfortable place to relax and have breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2016

The Kupferquelle Resort is a bit of an oasis on a long drive. My family and I live in Angola, and every now and then make a drive to Windhoek. To break things up, we'll stop here and setup our caravan to camp. The sites are nice and clean, have green grass and plenty of shade from large trees. They all have potable water and reliable power for those with caravans, and the bathrooms are perfect for families with small kids. There is also an olympic sized swimming pool for those who want to get some laps in or just relax a bit after a hot day.

I will note that the last 2 times I was camping there in Oct 2016, I noticed that 3 of the campsites seem to have a lot of bees buzzing around. They were really attracted or irritated by the car and caravan. I just moved a few sites away and notified administration of my move.

The onsite Dros restaurant is also a nice place to grab a bite if you're not feeling like cooking on your own. They've got kids menu's as well as a place outside for kids to play at.

They've been under various levels of construction this past year, but I don't feel that any of it has effected the quality and service I've come to expect.

I've never stayed in their rooms, but I would expect them to be just as nice.

Room Tip: If you're camping, try sites 7-10 as they're closer to the bathrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This was not the first visit but every time is a new experience. The camping sites is big and with nice grass with lots of shade. The ablution is nice and clean. New family bathrooms were added to the list now. There is 24 hour security on the premises and it is an safe place to camp.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Very unpleasant due to airconditioner not cooling the room. We were sweating while laying on the and having set the aircon to full. We called the reception who sent the maintenance person but he could not assist.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple