When you arrive after hours of driving with pretty much nothing but desert you can only be amazed by this place in the middle of nowhere. The architecture of this “Fortress” is pretty unique and will leave nobody indifferent. The pool area with the luxurious plants is very nice but considering the number of rooms is quite on the small side and the loungers in place are capable of receiving only about 10 guests at a time. The quality of the pool water has to be improved, it had a milky green color. Our rooms situated above the pool area were very large and again with a very unusual interior architecture. The beds and linen were exceptional, our room was also equipped with a small terrace overlooking the desert and the mountains in the back. Very nice ritual organized around the sunset and the waterhole that attracts animals, this is the moment that you want to live every night. The restaurant is ok but not exceptional (I imagine logistics to run this is hell). Special thanks to the restaurant manager who organized an exceptional evening for us in the wine cellar after a mix-up of table reservation. The staff overall is very friendly and helpful, one suggestion though, In a place where mobile reception is almost inexistent it is not nice to hear that the receptionist charges 50 NAD (more than €3) to make a local call for a restaurant reservation. As with nearly all lodges visited on our trip in Namibia I do not understand that it is not possible to serve “real” orange juice at breakfast even if it comes out of a box instead of this horrible water with orange or red chemical sweetener.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Mirage Resort & Spa is one of the most unique establishments in the Sossusvlei area. It is situated at 21 km from the Sesriem gate to Sossusvlei. This makes it one of the lodges closest to the Sossusvlei and the ideal place to stay when you want to visit the highest dunes in the world! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Mirage Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Mirage Desert Lodge And Spa
- Le Mirage Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Le Mirage Desert Resort