Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews club mak pizza golf course lake malawi sunset villa fish eagles southern africa attention to detail lake villas infinity pool superior beach sized bed bird island calm waters cool breeze squash court likoma island
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2021

My friend and I were pleasantly surprised when we got more than we expected on our stay at the Sunset Villa It's very serenely decorated and the private pool is amazing. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, always within earshot. The privacy and top tier accommodation are definitely a selling point. It is a must visit. We enjoyed the chambo dinner and pizzas and wine for lunch. The restaurant was flexible enough to make off the menu bar snacks for us, such small things made it special for us. A must visit for anyone who enjoys quiet time away. The boat ride to the bird Island was another amazing thing to do but we enjoyed drinks poolside the most.. book your stay NOW!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2021

I have always enjoyed my stay at Makokola Retreat which is located on the shores of Lake Malawi in Mangochi. This Hotel is really awesome, the whole package from the restaurant, the coffee shop, both bars , conference halls and the rooms, everything is beautifully designed and well thought.

They have amazing staff and their beach is one of the best beaches in Malawi. Almost every spot at the hotel is covered with strong internet signal.

They have an International Airport for small planes making it easier for travelers to visit this beautiful Hotel. Their carpark is big and security is tight.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 17 September 2021

RESERVATIONS: The process was slower than expected, it took about 24 hours to make a reservation. PRICE: The prices are definitely higher than most of the resorts in Mangochi but its value for money. THE ROOM: I booked the Superior Beach Room and once I accessed the room, I could easily tell that these rooms were constructed with attention to detail from start to finish, including the furniture choice. FOOD: There was usually a buffet. I personally enjoyed the Chambo which was served differently during every meal. THE FACILITIES: I noticed that they had a mini football pitch, a tennis court, conference rooms, a squash court, golf course, gym, a landing strip (with planes) and pools. I took time to play 9 holes of golf and also used the gym. CUSTOMER SERVICE: I had forgotten to sign the bill for my meal after lunch; a staff member called Simbalashi followed me to my room to have me sign the bill. At that moment I was failing to access my room because the key card was not working. He took the key card to the reception to have it reactivated. INFRASTRUCTURE: Having travelled to various resorts across the country, I can confidently say The Makokola Retreat is in a class of its own when it comes to infrastructure; they definitely do not take any short cuts or compromise on quality. RECOMMENDATION: It is arguably one of the best lake shore resorts in Malawi. Overall, the experience was good and memorable. It is ideal for a quiet get away with family, a spouse or for business.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Not only was it a peaceful stay, the rooms were spotless, food impeccable and beach pristine. Club Mak for me was a total respite from working and allowed me to recharge my batteries in the most peaceful way. Having an adult side is key for those who need a bit of privacy as well. All the service was excellent, can't wait to get back there!

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 8 July 2021

The Makokola Retreat offers high quality retreat and service on the shore of Lake Malawi. Suites section offer dedicated beach, lake side bar, as well as gym. The restaurants offer good quality food, including a la carte, buffets, and oven baked pizzas. Sunset, as well as the Lake of Stars in the evening are breathtaking beauties. Highly recommended for cleanliness, attentive service, high privacy and good food on the short of Lake Malawi.

Date of stay: July 2021