Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews club mak pizza lake malawi sunset villa infinity pool fish three nights lovely beach beautiful resort behind the scenes cool breeze treated like royalty her attention likoma island stunning views rooms are spacious lake beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have always enjoyed my stay at Makokola Retreat which is located on the shores of Lake Malawi in Mangochi. This Hotel is really awesome, the whole package from the restaurant, the coffee shop, both bars , conference halls and the rooms, everything is beautifully designed and well thought.

They have amazing staff and their beach is one of the best beaches in Malawi. Almost every spot at the hotel is covered with strong internet signal.

They have an International Airport for small planes making it easier for travelers to visit this beautiful Hotel. Their carpark is big and security is tight.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 17 September 2021

RESERVATIONS: The process was slower than expected, it took about 24 hours to make a reservation. PRICE: The prices are definitely higher than most of the resorts in Mangochi but its value for money. THE ROOM: I booked the Superior Beach Room and once I accessed the room, I could easily tell that these rooms were constructed with attention to detail from start to finish, including the furniture choice. FOOD: There was usually a buffet. I personally enjoyed the Chambo which was served differently during every meal. THE FACILITIES: I noticed that they had a mini football pitch, a tennis court, conference rooms, a squash court, golf course, gym, a landing strip (with planes) and pools. I took time to play 9 holes of golf and also used the gym. CUSTOMER SERVICE: I had forgotten to sign the bill for my meal after lunch; a staff member called Simbalashi followed me to my room to have me sign the bill. At that moment I was failing to access my room because the key card was not working. He took the key card to the reception to have it reactivated. INFRASTRUCTURE: Having travelled to various resorts across the country, I can confidently say The Makokola Retreat is in a class of its own when it comes to infrastructure; they definitely do not take any short cuts or compromise on quality. RECOMMENDATION: It is arguably one of the best lake shore resorts in Malawi. Overall, the experience was good and memorable. It is ideal for a quiet get away with family, a spouse or for business.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Not only was it a peaceful stay, the rooms were spotless, food impeccable and beach pristine. Club Mak for me was a total respite from working and allowed me to recharge my batteries in the most peaceful way. Having an adult side is key for those who need a bit of privacy as well. All the service was excellent, can't wait to get back there!

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 8 July 2021

The Makokola Retreat offers high quality retreat and service on the shore of Lake Malawi. Suites section offer dedicated beach, lake side bar, as well as gym. The restaurants offer good quality food, including a la carte, buffets, and oven baked pizzas. Sunset, as well as the Lake of Stars in the evening are breathtaking beauties. Highly recommended for cleanliness, attentive service, high privacy and good food on the short of Lake Malawi.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 10 February 2021

It is hard to put into words how beautiful this place is. My husband and I spent two nights of our honeymoon in the Sunset Villa. The infinity pool seems as if you are swimming right into Lake Malawi. The privacy of the Villa makes you feel like you’re the only ones there. The food, especially the pizza, was delicious. All of the staff were so welcoming!
I would highly recommend Makokola Retreat and the sunset Villa to any honeymooners, couples, or anyone looking to spend some time in the beautiful oasis The Makokola Retreat has created here in Malawi. We are looking forward to going back!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple