“Nice outdoor seating”
Review of Public House

Public House
Ranked #45 of 126 Restaurants in Hamburg
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by here for drinks and sat at the outside bar. The service was great and they had good live music on a Friday night. Great view of the lake.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

This had to be some of the worst food I have ever had in a restaurant. The chicken was anemic and tasteless. It looked like boiled chicken. The beef was overly spiced as if they were trying to cover up an off flavor. The cake for dessert was still cold from the fridge and tasted like any of the cakes you can find in the frozen food case at your local supermarket. Nope.. i will never return.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

two of us had lunch last week. let me first point out that lake erie is just beginning to melt and the view from the lakeside table was amazing. we waited to order which was odd due to the limited number of patrons. we ordered our lunch and waited and waited and waited for our two entrees. no explanation. i had specifically requested that our meals be served hot. our server looked at me in a quizicle manner as if to say 'of course your meal will be served hot' it wasn't. she finally came back to ask how our meals were and i said that nothing had been hot. she did offer to replace the meal but it took so long i told it was 'fine'

on the other hand my husband had a sandwich he described as perfect. maybe i selected poorly but my meal was on the specials menu and i expected better.

1  Thank jlockport6932
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We are frequent visitors to the Public House on the lake. In the summer, it’s tough to get a parking spot or a table. In the winter, you could shoot a cannon through the place. Where is everyone? You obviously can’t sit outside, but the inside is cozy and warm. There are several gas fireplaces and huge windows overlooking the snowy (and still gorgeous) lake. The service is still excellent, even better now that’s it’s not so crowded; and the food is great.

The menu has everything you’d ever ask for, including a daily fish fry. There are also several dishes worthy of any fine dining experience. I gave them 4 stars because I am not a huge fan of their fish fry, but I always order food I consider to be 5 stars!!! In particular, the salmon is one of my favorites anywhere!!!! The prep changes from summer to winter but it’s always fresh, delicious, and perfectly prepared. Ask for mashed potatoes instead of rice because they’re excellent! Tonight I had the special flat iron steak with mashed potatoes and Gorgonzola creamed spinach. Oh man!!!!! Tender and flavorful and the spinach rocked my world! What a compliment to the steak! The cheesy goodness paired perfectly.

Terrific wine selections and an incredible beer selection make this a YEAR ROUND WINNER!!!! Be aware of their winter schedule. They are only open Thursday through Sunday. It’s a shame that the summer patrons can’t keep them open every day. It’s locally owned by a young couple who deserve to make it a success. Come enjoy!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

My wife and I have eaten a couple of times with some friends at the Public House. Food and service have always been very good and we are always pleased by the food choices. Not simple bar food -- very nice selections. Great view of the lake. Gluten free not a problem

Been to Public House? Share your experiences!