“Excellent restaurant ”
Review of American Beech

American Beech
Reserve with OpenTable
American Beech is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Greenport
Description: Come for the considered and approachable coastal American fare; linger for the convivial and vivacious atmosphere; stay for an unparalleled East End getaway.
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This is an excellent restaurant. You need to make a reservation. Menu choices are very good. Vibe is excellent. Good for a family or a group. Service is very good as well.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We went to American Beach about 3 years ago for dinner for 7 people. I think AB was a new restaurant at that time. The menu wasn't impressive at that time and had a very limited number of choices so for this reason we haven't been back. This time we ate dinner elsewhere and decided to go to AB for drinks at their outdoor bar. The bartender Colin was attentive and has a great sense of humor. While there we had a chance to see their recent menu, they have updated their menu and have added more choices then offered years past. We are planning to give AB another try. We did, however, enjoy our drinks at AB with Colin...he made the visit very enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I loved the decor and ambience of this place. The food was pretty tasty (albeit not mind-blowing, but good). I would return again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I made a reservation for what I was hoping to be a nice meal to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. We got to the restaurant an hour and a half early, so we could sit by the outdoor bar. The bar and staff were very nice, and the drinks were very good. We sat outside for dinner and had a lovely waitress. My only complaint is that there were no vegan options! I ate my anniversary dinner while my husband sat and ate nothing. The waitress was kind enough to bring over two glasses of complimentary champagne and dessert was on the house (key lime pie which my husband couldn't eat - but still very nice)

Suggestion to the restaurant - add a few vegan dishes to your otherwise very good menu!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our food at American Beech, which is a stylish restaurant tucked in a courtyard just off Main Street. Unfortunately we could get a table in the front garden area but had a comfortable corner table inside and the temperature was perfect on a humid evening. The menu was varied and interesting. We decided just to have mains; the buttermilk fried chicken was very tasty and the skirt steak on plantain mash was perfectly cooked and had interesting flavours from the mash. We indulged with some truffle Parmesan fries as a side. Service was friendly and efficient but if I had one criticism it was too fast. We could easily have been in and out within 40 minutes but with a second round of drinks we just about made an hour!