“Breakfast ”

Bruce & Son
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Greenport
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Progressive & locally inspired brunch menu.
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

First time back since renovation. Staff was friendly and waitress was good. My wife’s Frenchtoast was excellent. I originally wanted either pancakes or French toast but since I am Diabetic this was not possible because they do not provide sugar-free syrup. Settled for a omelette. I have found that these so-called trendy restaurants cater to vegan or gluten-free patrons but not diabetics.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

our breakfast included poached eggs with hollandaise sauce, juice, coffee. This meal was very good but over priced. The coffee was served with skim milk, which is not very appealing.
I recommend this restaurant for its well prepared food but I feel that the meals are too pricey.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve been to Bruce’s many times before and after the renovations. Today we tried to go for breakfast at 10am. We noticed there were open tables so we were excited because normally it’s packed. We walked in to speak to the hostess. She asked us if we had reservations. Reservations? For breakfast? She said, “we now take reservations and we are completely booked” I noticed about 4 empty tables and said, “you don’t have seating for anyone without a reservation?!” She said “no, sorry”. I’ve never heard of such a thing! We proceeded to go across the street to Crazy Beans. I don’t think I will ever go back there.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Everything made is excellent and unique. Lunch sandwishes were fresh and delicious. Breakfast was amazing

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The renovation is refreshing and the menu is as good as ever. Just miss the sake Bloody Mary - hope they get their license soon.