Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews plunge pool african bush camps main area walking safari stir fry canoe trip tsetse flies world class wild dogs across the river mana pools zambezi river russell tk bugs lodge vehicle
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2019

The tents are beautiful and are air-conditioned. The housekeeping needs to be checked on by the management team - as an example, room not swept daily. Lovely beds.

We had very good game drives and the 2 hour canoe trip through the hippo pods on the Zambezi was fantastic. We also did a 2 hour walk with the guide.

The food is good - we are vegan - and the chefs and serving staff looked after us very well. There is wifi near their offices. Overall, an excellent experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Nyamatusi Camp - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Thank you for this honest feedback we are certainly working around the clock to add that final touch.

It certainly sounds like overall you had a magical time and made the most of activities on offer,.I do appreciate you raising these points. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2019

I loved the small plunge pools, the perfect way to escape and 'soak' up the views. We stayed in room 11 which was the perfect distance to the main area, far enough away but not too far.
Our guide Alf, was the best we had on our trip in Zimbabwe. The Air conditioning is going to be an absolute hero in the hotter months.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Nyamatusi Camp - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Thank you for this wonderful feedback, the views are truly amazing. I will be sure to share this wonderful feedback with our team especially Alf.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future until then stay well.

Reviewed 29 May 2019

3 weeks ago I had the great pleasure to visit some African Bush Camps personally. I really liked them all, but I would like to highlight Nyamatusi. This newly opened camp is located in Mana Pools, in a still unspoiled area with wonderful views over the Zambesi to the mountains in Zambia. When I arrived I was greeted very friendly and felt at home immediately. The main area is very comfortably furnished, with a lounge and bar, as well as a fire pit and a pool with fantastic views. The tent suites are wonderful. Very spacious and cosy, again with great views and private plunge pool. For travelers who have seen a lot in Africa, I would like to recommend Nyamatusi. Great guides with huge knowledge accompany you through an untouched wildness. After more than 15 years of intense traveling in Africa, I can say that Nyamatusi was once again a very special experience for me. Congratulations to African Bush Camp.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Wow, amazing thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback it means so much to us, especially coming from an experienced traveller such as yourself.

Nyamatusi is such a special place and we are so proud of it and especially the wonderful team who have brought such heart to the area. Thank you once more for your kind words.

Reviewed 28 May 2019

Earlier this month, we were fortunate to be one of the first guests at this new ABC location on the Zambezi river. What can I say except that I was well & truly blown away : both the location & camp are absolutely stunning ! The team - a combo of existing and brand new staff - did a splendid job.

From Harare airport to the domestic flight, all arrangements were well in place. On arrival we were welcomed by the ground bush staff : Alfy and his troops took great care of us. Such a joy learning about the stars by the fire place: excellent bush TV !

The game sightings were good but maybe still a bit shy - none-the less we had a excellent experience on foot with an elephant. Sadly no canoe for us, due to lack of time but we could clearly see how that would be such a fabulous experience.

At first I struggled pronouncing the camp's name but now I could never forget the name of this magical place : Nyamatusi !

Room tip: Book timely !
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Amazing, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I love your comment of the "bush TV," fantastic!

Thank you for acknowledging our wonderful team, it was a huge push to get the camp off the ground and nice to know their personalities and passion shone through.

I will be sure to share this with our entire team.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Nyamatusi in Mana, run by African Bushcamps.
What can I say except that I was well & truly blown away! Being a Zimbabwean & having travelled all over Zim I had not expected to find somewhere that just took my breath away......
From the moment we touched down in the HAC / Safari Logistics plane we were well taken care of. The staff are incredible & for me having such experienced guides with a wealth of knowledge & experience under their belts makes the hugest of differences.

The accommodation was pure luxury & felt like having my own little slice of heaven overlooking the mighty Zambezi - I even had an ellie drinking out of my pool one night!

The game was fantastic - we had a great experience on foot with an elephant, canoed through pods of hippos, fished on the banks...... Every evening lions were heard close by..... and my favorite was seeing a hyena right by the dining hall - I find them so quirky & humorous & this one sure lived up to that!!!!

Beautiful clear evenings were spent around the firepit under a starry African sky - anyone who has ever visited Africa will know how mesmerising her stars are on a clear night - in fact Alf our guide even had great knowledge on astrology & we spent many happy hours star gazing.

Being a foodie as well I have to say the food was incredible - 3 course meals all served fresh, hot & delicious with a great selection of wines. Imagine my surprise when, in the middle of the African bushveld, I had a browse through the cellar and found one of my favorite red wines!

I love that African Bushcamps are completely eco friendly - if they were to pack up and leave they would leave nothing but their footprint behind........ No chemicals are used at all in the lodge, it is completely solar reliant, has its very own water filtration system including a system whereby grey water is cleaned and pumped back into the bushveld.

All in all I cannot say enough about this magical place & my heart is already yearning to go back...........

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank KarenT3507

This is such an amazing review, wow we are blessed to welcome such wonderful guests to our family. Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and personal review.

It certainly sounds like you made the most of all the activities and experiences on offer it is lovely to read.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback, we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.